Anyone order a Rondo bass?

mparsons

• Members

The 5-string bass confuses some people, but my main bass is a 5, and I miss the big ol' B string when I don't have it.

The value of the extra string is not just the low B, C & D, but that you can stay up in the 5th position while still including low G, F, and E in your riffs. The higher up the neck you stay, the fatter the strings you stay on, and therefore the beefier your sound.

• Members

Thanks for the help! Just based on the description, the 4 might be worth it if it has improved tonewoods. But the 5 would be nicer due to the extended range. Plus the input jack being on the side is an advantage.

I suppose I should refine my question: Jazz pickups or a humbucker+jazz for metal?

• Members

I want to get a new bass to record my shiny new CD coming out January 1st. The genre is metal, and I like a deep, tight, hi fi tone.

I'm thinking one of these two:

Which would you get and why?

I have an SJB-75 (not a limited) and a WOB-826. From the description of the tone you are looking for, I would say go with the WEB-825. The SJB is a nice jazz, but unless you put a pre in it (I put an audere in mine) you will definitely get more bottom end out of the active WEB-825.

• Members

I have an SJB-75 (not a limited) and a WOB-826. From the description of the tone you are looking for, I would say go with the WEB-825. The SJB is a nice jazz, but unless you put a pre in it (I put an audere in mine) you will definitely get more bottom end out of the active WEB-825.

Thanks! That's another tip in its direction.

Archived