Blackout Strat, Teh Sex?

prauny

• Members

I am not sure whether to get a black pickguard for this.

I may end up repainting the body black too - or not.

suggestions?

redfront.jpg

the guitar was built from a kit btw.

It looks a little mismatched to me. With black tuners, chrome bridge. I don't know what look you are going for but a black guard would help to balance it out in my opinion. There's alot of good threads on here about refinishing, I would give it a go if I were you.

• Members

love em. This one is my #1 guitar

DCP_0004.jpg

I'm actually putting together a blacked out Strat for a forumite as we speak.

This one below used to have the neck that guitar that dcindc just posted has now.

DCP_1061.jpg

here is the one dcindc just posted

DCP_0120.jpg

Another client build

DCP_0825.jpg

Dude, your #1 guitar is sweeeeeet :eek:

• Members

Nice strats!!! I now can't decide if I should change the pickup covers or leave them White... Thanks for all your pics, you can fully expect me to pinch some of your ideas
:)

Leave them white, thats just my opinion tho

• Members

Here is my Strat clone project, a piece of junk Lotus made in India in the early 90s. Weighs a ton, not sure what wood the body is maybe plywood because of the weight, and the neck is a little crooked not warped though and still plays okay. I need get that Lotus decal off somehow, maybe steal wool.

So far the frets have been finished so people will not injure their fingers on the rough edges, feels pretty good now. There is also a new bridge he put in for me when he cleaned up the frets.

Next up are a loaded (all black) GFS pickguard and new tuners, Graphtech nut and other various Stewmac parts.

This mostly a learning project.

lotus.jpg

strat_body.jpg

• Members

I have a Kramer Striker that's all black, even the headstock.

Got black jack and strap buttons, black pickguard, black pickup covers - everything except the (non-locking) Floyd is black.

The electronics were {censored} in it so I got one of those superstrat (3 mini switch) wiring kits from GFS for it with the "closeout special" strat pups.

I hate the all black thing myself but I hate the black strat/white pickguard more so I went with this. I do like the black hardware on it, just not the pickguard too.

Not a fan of the pups either. I really like the overwound version as I have a set in my gold homebuilt strat, but the vintage wound are just meh.

Been thinking of going with a mint guard or something and some different pups. But anyway, yeah, not a blackout strat fan here. Some guitars look really good blacked out I think, just not the strat.

• Members

Here is my Strat clone project, a piece of junk Lotus made in India in the early 90s. Weighs a ton, not sure what wood the body is maybe plywood because of the weight, and the neck is a little crooked not warped though and still plays okay. I need get that Lotus decal off somehow, maybe steal wool.

So far the frets have been finished so people will not injure their fingers on the rough edges, feels pretty good now. There is also a new bridge he put in for me when he cleaned up the frets.

Next up are a loaded (all black) GFS pickguard and new tuners, Graphtech nut and other various Stewmac parts.

This mostly a learning project.

lotus.jpg

strat_body.jpg

You too does has Lotus strat!:love:

Archived