What do you guys think of the Ibanez Artcore guitars?

elsupermanny14

• Members

I have 2 Artcore Customs and I think they are fabulous. I can't say the same for the lower-end Artcores though (AF75, AS73, etc.). The lower-enders did not play as well in comparison to the Customs, and the pickups sound a lot muddier to my ears. Fretwork on the Customs is incredible vs. unremarkable on the cheaper ones.

So, I can't say that I like the Artcore line as a whole, but if you are looking at Customs I could definitely recommend them. They are almost a completely different instrument.

Here is my AS103:

DSC_0005.jpg

And my AF105:

DSC_0031.jpg

• Members

They are great values for the money. I received a AS73 as a xmas gift 4 years ago and it didn't take me long to upgrade the pickups. I went with a set of Vintage Vibe humbucker sized P90's which made it sound so much better. So far the tuners seem okay to me, but after 4 years, I need a refret and am getting a bone nut installed.

• Members

I thought they were just ok, nothing special and I think that most Ibanez pickups are very bland or neutral. It felt like it was put together decently, felt kind of plastic for some reason.

With that said I tried out a few Epi Dots at the same time and thought that they were spectacularly and extraordinarily craptastic. I ended up buying a Dot off the internet and after a pickup swap and a proper setup its completely different than the turds at GC. I wouldn't have taken a chance if it wasn't for the price and the praise from so many guys here like DCooper830 and his youtube videos.

Moral is if you find one you like go for it. If you feel like taking a chance on one site unseen you'll either like it or you won't.

Basically everything I've said in this post is useless and a waste of both our time.

Good luck though. :thu: Everyone needs a semi-hollow in his arsenal.

• Members

This is my AS73. The Craftsmanship, fit and finish are flawless. The hardware is decent. The frets are good, although a little small fore my liking. It has stock pup in the neck and a Dimarsio PAF classic in the bridge.

It plays and feels fantastic, but my Epi Dot sounds better.

Over all a verry good quality instrument, Though I think the pups are pretty average. But for the money it is easy enough to change pups down the line.:)

gear004.jpg

• Members

Like the thread title says, what do you think about the Artcore guitars by Ibanez? Good? Bad? Why?

The great thing about Artcore guitars is that you get very well made, very nice sounding, competent guitars. They dont, generally, have the character of more expensive hollowbodies, but for the money they cant be beat. :thu:

• Members

I have 2 Artcore Customs and I think they are fabulous. I can't say the same for the lower-end Artcores though (AF75, AS73, etc.). The lower-enders did not play as well in comparison to the Customs, and the pickups sound a lot muddier to my ears. Fretwork on the Customs is incredible vs. unremarkable on the cheaper ones.

So, I can't say that I like the Artcore line as a whole, but if you are looking at Customs I could definitely recommend them. They are almost a completely different instrument.

Here is my AS103:

DSC_0005.jpg

And my AF105:

DSC_0031.jpg

Very nice:thu:

Archived