Would you buy a handmade guitar?

ArKay

• Members

No, they are made by a local guy (from Germany, not China mind you :p ). Ronny Scheithauer so it probably reads RScheithauer.

The headstock on the red one has a different logo.

6a73_1.JPG

Body shape reminds me a little of the Red Special and I also saw on a Brian May page that he built a clone of that. Wished the clone was up for sale :lol:

RonnyRS1.jpg

frets, that's a guitar costing over 200 dollars probably that you're talking about.

that's dangerous thinking
:cop:

Feels nice to say that I would anyway...... :p

Just sunk $300 into my car this weekend!! Do you know how many guitars that could buy me!! :o

:D

Weird ingredients, the body and neck are made from Luana
:confused:
TusQ nut, SD Phat Cat & Rockinger Telly pickup on the red one, Rockinger PAF & Seymour Duncan Vintage Broadcaster on the white.

And a Mele Kalikimaka to you too!! :confused:

I couldn't find anything in teh webz about luana wood. But here's a pic of Lana Wood. This wood doesn't float...:p

lana-wood.jpg

• Members

Depends on the hands doing the building. Take a chance on an unknown quantity? Only for a rock bottom price if I can't play it first to be sure there isn't something completely messed up.. Based on what I'm seeing there, I wouldn't cuz I don't like that style of guitar. But if they had something that appealed to me, maybe, if it was cheap enough..

• Members

And a Mele Kalikimaka to you too!!
:confused:

I couldn't find anything in teh webz about luana wood. But here's a pic of Lana Wood. This wood doesn't float...
:p

lana-wood.jpg

That gives me uhm.. yeah :)

I'll drop Jim Soloway a PM, maybe he knows something :idea:

• Members

Depends on the hands doing the building. Take a chance on an unknown quantity? Only for a rock bottom price if I can't play it first to be sure there isn't something completely messed up.. Based on what I'm seeing there, I wouldn't cuz I don't like that style of guitar. But if they had something that appealed to me, maybe, if it was cheap enough..

I like the look and the white one has been gigged so it should be at least somewhat playable. :D

• Members

Absolutely I would buy a hand made guitar.

But like R.C. pointed out, depends on the builder, but from someone I know, trust, and have seen his work, I would actually prefer a handmade guitar.

I don't think that he's building them for a living, the RS clone was the only reference to one of this other builds I could find.

He's a private seller, too so I could not return it.

• Members

I don't think that he's building them for a living, the RS clone was the only reference to one of this other builds I could find.

He's a private seller, too so I could not return it.

Oh, I was speaking generally.

In this particular case, no, for the reasons you mentioned.

Archived