Practicing at home with kids in bed

Beckman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

my daughters room is on the second floor on the opposite side of the house from my studio in my finished basement. Three closed doors and and the first floor keep it quiet enough that i can practice without waking up my wife or daughter at a reasonable volume.

• Members

I have a VOX amPlug and a set of headphones. its the classic rock one. is it a the sound of a gloriously cranked tube amp? no, but it works for me. its simple . i never had a hissing problem. it does fall out of the jack at times but i think thats my guitar jacks problem. it would probaly work great for just certain times for ya. o and if you dont like being tied down to headphones try wireless headphones b/c i hated the wire too.

• Members

I use a Fender G Dec. Great little toy, but it's just a toy. I also have a V-amp and it actually sounds better but the Fender has a speaker and the jam function

Yeah, after years of experimenting with low watt tubes and computers and unplugged, I'm settled on the G-Dec for late night playing.

The various models get you any amp tone or effect you need, and the tone, after the speaker opens up, ain't bad at whisper levels. It has a headphone jack, and sounds incredible through phones, but right now I just put the volume on 5 and lower the volume from my strat .

With the door closed I've had no complaints from the family.

Archived