Leopardstar update & A RAFFLE

alley trash

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Big thanks to all those involved in this shindig, from the donors to Frets for being one of the few souls on this planet trustworthy of doing the hat pulls, Mrs Frets for helping and not giggling through the entire thing like I would have.

And BIG honkin' huge thanks to all those who donated the prizes, to Alley and Dave for all their hard work on this, and to Mrs Leopardstar for running interference as much as she could, and last but not least, Johnny just for being the great guy he is.

I stop now so I no cry. =)

• Members

I'll be sending the 3 Strat pickups to Thundersqueek Monday morning.
I hope you enjoy them.
I didn't win anything,never do, but it was a pleasure contributing and donating a prize to help out a great guy.
I hope this will help Leopardstar and his Bride get things back together, and I'm proud to have been a part of it.
It feels good.:thu:

I have to add something here.
I just read a PM from Thundersqueek.
He has a friend that's less fortunate than most of us, who wants to learn to play.
He bought him a Strat and is going to use these pickups to upgrade it for him.
Now that's what it's all about.
My hat's off to you Thundersqueek.

• Members

Now I'm shocked I actually won something,that wasn't the point of this but it's still cool.LS we all hope you recover well & fast,sounds like your on a fast recovery which is great news! It's great to help a fellow bug eating biker:lol:
Joby1knobi shoot me a pm with your addy and I'll get the prize out to you:)
Frets you always make me laugh,great job everyone!

• Members

I have to add something here.

I just read a PM from Thundersqueek.

He has a friend that's less fortunate than most of us, who wants to learn to play.

He bought him a Strat and is going to use these pickups to upgrade it for him.

Now that's what it's all about.

My hat's off to you Thundersqueek.

:thu::thu: That is what it's all about!

Thundersqueek, if there are any other weak links on that strat, let me know & I'll see what I can dig up for you too! Kudos for the charity build!:thu::thu:

• Members
I don't know what to say. I'm so moved by all of this. thank you to everyone who donated or sent prayers and mojo, they have been well recieved. thank you to alley, dave, frets, and mazi for pulling this together, my wife and I are so greatful for all of this. we both are in total shock by it all. I think she is beginning to understand when I say "my online friends mean a lot to me and I would do anything to help them out" you guys really are amazing. there is nothing in my life to compare this to.

I really hope that axeslingers raffle goes this good too.

btw I have no idea who to thank for the gift certificate, so who ever you are please send me a pm so I can thank you.

hope you all are happy, cuz I'm going to go cry now (happy tears, but still something a big bad bug eating biker shouldn't be doing)

You, sir, are a class act. That's why we were happy to do this for you, the way you've done it for so many others. It's called good karma, and you deserve it :)
Get well soon, friend.

• Members

going to unsticky this now. A big thanks to Alley and Dave and everyone that contributed.

Mazi, we really appreciate the approval of this event, the sticky, and the suggestions.

Thanks big time.

This place would not be the same without a healthy and happy Johnny and aslan hanging around like the H.C.E.G. icons they are.

Thanks.

JOHNNY, PAYPAL MONEY HAS BEEN SENT!!!!

It should be in your account now.

I will mail the checks and money orders out tomorrow.

Call me, P.M. me, e-mail me, or respond back in this thread if you need anything or have any questions.

Glad you are back, and so is all the feline clan at Daveworld. :wave:

• Members

Unfortunately, the fees are a neccessary evil.

Paypal is a pretty good service.

If you took it away completely, I think alot of people would be happy to pay the fees to get their service back again.

Yeah, I always use PayPal and I'm not bashing the service. It just sucks that they make money twice that way. :D

• Members

OK, I've been out in Saratoga all weekend, wake up and find someone
in the good old UK is sending me a boss super chorus. I've been running
around a lot lately, so I had no idea fubtag put me in. I'm still in shock
but how will I know whom I need to send what? I've got to clear out
PM box. I could no way have afforded one of those pedals, and it was
the one Alleytrash had lent me, that I was in love with. All I can say is
that I will play better and surprise some people.

Archived