RIP Jerry Reed

JohnnyR

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

According to wiki, this is an internet hoax.

Circa September 1st, 2008, there is a rumor on several Internet discussion boards claiming that Jerry Reed has died. As of September 2nd, 2008 at 5:00 AM Central, no news agencies have reported the story, and there are no references or verifications through a Google search, suggesting it is a hoax.

• Members

Circa September 1st, 2008, there is a rumor on several Internet discussion boards claiming that Jerry Reed has died. As of September 2nd, 2008 at 5:00 AM Central, no news agencies have reported the story, and there are no references or verifications through a Google search, suggesting it is a hoax.

Bastards. BASTARDS!

Got wound up over nothing at a time when one of my old buddies just passed for real.

Not to mention one of Gurlfiend's exes, whose obit I just read in The Guardian.

File under DON'T EM-EFFIN' NEED IT.

• Members

Well, I looked on the CMT (country music television, for those outside the US) website. They say nothing about Jerry Reed. You would think that if one of the biggest stars in the history of country music were to die, they would have the news story...

• Members

Funny I googled both the internet and the Philly paper and found no obit. I was wondering if it was misinformation but figured that maybe the holiday had something to do with the delay in reporting. Guess we will find out.

If it's not true i hope jerry makes use of the free publicity. I swear I heard the word "I buried Jerry" in Twichy. ;)

• Members

That's good news. Play on, Jerry:thu:

Archived