Let's see your baritone guitars...

u6crash

• Members

The Warmoth baritone is 28 5/8". I think B-B is probably most common, but I've heard that some are a whole octave lower and some people only go down a fourth (A-A). I'd like to see if anyone here has one they tune down a whole octave and what scale length it is.

• Members
WoollyMammothJaguar001.jpg

I'll sell it for what I got into it if anyone's interested.

I had no idea Fender made a baritone Jaguar. That's awesome because the standard 24" Jaguars are too little for my hands but I always thought they were neat. If I weren't saving up to move out, I'd totally be interested in buying it.

• Members

hodadbaritone.jpg

Danelectro Hodad Baritone

I also have a Fender custom shop Strat baritone (SSH) and a Epiphone Les Paul baritone. On the Epiphone I replaced the bridge pickup with an EMG 81 with active electronics.

I tune all of them to B. I also have a Fender Bass VI type instrument, the Hellcat VI. It is tuned an octave below standard guitar tuning. I consider Fender Bass VI type instruments to be a form of bass, not a baritone guitar.

hellcat_vi_3tsb.jpg

Schecter Hellcat VI

Note the website in my signature for more info on baritones.

• Members

I had no idea Fender made a baritone Jaguar. That's awesome because the standard 24" Jaguars are too little for my hands but I always thought they were neat. If I weren't saving up to move out, I'd totally be interested in buying it.

It's a Fender Jaguar Baritone Custom with a 28.5" scale.

I bought it thinking I was buying a baritone, but it came set up as a short scale bass tuned one full octave down E to e.

I had a new nut cut for it by a skilled tech made of graphite and woolly mammoth (we have a lot of those critters still roaming around where I live apparently) and had some D'Addario Baritone Strings put on it and I have it tuned B to B right now.

Here's some specs.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Jaguar-Baritone-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=515206

• Members

Any luck in finding a gigbag for that Dano yet? Mine's still backordered, but the last e-mail said they think it will be out in about 30 days.

No, what happened is that I bought another Dano on eBay, and the seller sent the guitar in a bass guitar HSC. The case was in bad shape, but I glued down all the Tolex that was peeling away. But--and get this--I sold it. :wave:

• Members
No, what happened is that I bought another Dano on eBay, and the seller sent the guitar in a bass guitar HSC. The case was in bad shape, but I glued down all the Tolex that was peeling away. But--and get this--I sold it.
:wave:

Confused, you sold the Dano Baritone?

• Members

Confused, you sold the Dano Baritone?

Perhaps it is I who is confused.

I enjoyed it, but at the core, it wasn't for me. I feel my guitar habit must be self-supporting; if I buy something, something else must be sold.

I bought the Peavey Generation, so the baritone had to go.

(I've got issues, man.) :wave:

Archived