Are Strats Righty and Lefty Necks Interchangable?

goldenhose

• Members

And then if the nut was correct in the firs place it'll now have the slots too deep, give it up man:lol:

I'm thrifty, but....

I broke mine and made one out of corian. I have a brass blank for the next one since corian is so soft and probably wont last the year.

Absolutely no questioning my posts please. It is disrespectful and embarrassing. I of course will fire away on yours at will.

• Moderators

I broke mine and made one out of corian. I have a brass blank for the next one since corian is so soft and probably wont last the year.

Absolutely no questioning my posts please. It is disrespectful and embarrassing. I of course will fire away on yours at will.

The Corian is soft? I've never used it, I got the impression it would be hard

Embarrassing eh? Not half as embarrassing as something I've just thought of?:confused:

• Members

The Corian is soft? I've never used it, I got the impression it would be hard

Embarrassing eh? Not half as embarrassing as something I've just thought of?
:confused:

Corian is rigid, it is the same stuff that countertops are made off. However, it is much less dense than bone and easier to work with (cut and file). It is a durable substitute for bone and very popular with techs. I stick with unbleached bone.

My experience with brass nuts have all been negative, which I believe is why they fell out of fashion as fast as they came into fashion.

• Members

And then if the nut was correct in the firs place it'll now have the slots too deep, give it up man:lol:

I'm thrifty, but....

and if the slots are too deep, you shim the nut! a little bit of cardboard from a business card or a matchbook will do the job, cut it to fit under the nut without sticking out of the sides....

• Moderators

and if the slots are too deep, you shim the nut! a little bit of cardboard from a business card or a matchbook will do the job, cut it to fit under the nut without sticking out of the sides....

shimming nuts with cardboard is silly, when a correctly cut and sized nut is so achievable, it's also a bad interface for the string/nut/neck

Archived