#1 Party Band of ALL TIME..vote now!!!

nat whilk II

• Members

1. James Brown, any of his bands, but 1968-1972 period is best.

2. George Clinton-Funkadelic-Parliament

3. Zapp-not as well known, but they could get a crowd going like almost no one else (except the ones above)

4. The Grateful Dead-Not for everyone, but they could could really work their audience when they were at their best.

Jr. Walker did a good show too when I saw him, but doesn't beat the folks above for moving an audience.

• Moderators

Well, if it ws my party, I'd invite James Brown. Can you imagine that?

Or going in a different direction, if you wanted your party to break out in good spirited violence, how about Iggy Pop? I've seen him 5 times over the years and he's never failed to pummel me into a bloody pulp of bliss. Party!

• Members

I like many of the bands mentioned but I gotta tell ya...

I'm an entertainer and had the opportunity to "open" for many name B-bands.

Once in the late 90s I opened and MC'd a show with the RASCALS. Folks, these guys (4 guys from NY) performed the best club style show I ever saw. Every tune had a great intro and exit. Every tune they played, they played it exactly like you wanted to hear it, all with great 70's style leads... and they were 4 of the friendliest guys (on and off stage) you'd ever wanna meet. There music was awesome. Rocked the house (of about 300).

Very cool.

Slick

• Members
Anyone who grew up in Detroit in the 70s knows the answer to this.

Obviously it's
the J. Geils Band
:thu:

I have to agree. While I'm not really a fan or anything, we opened for them on an East Coast tour in the early 70's. That band seemed designed from ground up to be nothing but a party band.

• Members

3. Zapp-not as well known, but they could get a crowd going like almost no one else (except the ones above).

I must say, you nailed it again! Party bands??!! Roger & Zapp were as good as it gets. For those not in the know, Roger Troutman could play most instruments, not to mention a mean Harmonica that rivaled Stevie Wonder. What made him and his band Zapp party monsters though, was the hit you over the head with a sledgehammer bass-synth lines, Rogers synth triggered talkbox, and the infectious crowd participation stage party. Many blessed memories in the 80's and 90's *Compuuutaaa looooovvve* :thu:

• Members

1. James Brown, any of his bands, but 1968-1972 period is best.

2. George Clinton-Funkadelic-Parliament

3. Zapp-not as well known, but they could get a crowd going like almost no one else (except the ones above)

4. The Grateful Dead-Not for everyone, but they could could really work their audience when they were at their best.

What he said (with the exception of Zapp, whom I've never seen).

I'd also add:

Jet

• Members

In no particular order:

The Replacements

Prince

The Allman Brothers Band

Jackie Wilson

Iggy Pop

B 52s

Pylon

Peter Tosh