• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IIRC, I bought this one first for my kid for Christmas

76Explorer.jpg

Then this Epi '58 Korina for me

EpiExplorer.jpg

I like this guitar. It sounds very resonant and phat.

Then I also got myself this Explorer Mahogany Pro, the 2007 Gibson GOW # 13

DSC01816.jpg

This last one is probably my fave. The 496/500 pickups sound better in this guitar than I've heard them sound before. Lots of vibe and chime and has amazing sweet tone in the clean mode. Of course it will do the brootalz as well.

• Members

I love an Explorer myself and I kind of have a mystery one to boot, or at least one I have never seen a twin of and it was bought new. It looks kinda like the one in Dragunov's avatar. All gold hardware and exposed pickups, normal brown colored body. The thing about it is it rocks!!! I am no expert, but I have had some gear that far exceeds my talents and none compare to this thing. I can take any other guitar I have (LP Faded Standard, American Strat) plug the Explorer in on all the same amp settings and it is so much louder, fatter and all around great sounding that it makes the other guitars sound like toys. Am I a metal head and don't know it? Is this normal? Are they supposed to rock that much harder?

• Members

:love:
:love:

can i ask did you buy the diamond pick guard or cut a template yourself?

im just interested cos i want one for my gothic explorer

thanks

chris

I didn't want to risk loosing fingers using a saw haha, I actually got it from this place

http://www.sharp-concepts.com/

Well actually I got it on ebay, but it was an auction listed by the company so I went to their site after.

Archived