Les Paul Silverburst

Meeh

• Members

Gibson_1968_Les_Paul_Custom_Silverburst.

i have heard that these silverburst actually turns green-ish over time. any owners out there to confirm/deny this? i ran into one for a good deal, but i dunno, the finish changing color over time is kind of a turn off...

• Members
Gibson_1968_Les_Paul_Custom_Silverburst.

i have heard that these silverburst actually turns green-ish over time. any owners out there to confirm/deny this? i ran into one for a good deal, but i dunno, the finish changing color over time is kind of a turn off...

Possibly, but that's one of the great things about them. :thu:

• Members

correct - modern silverbursts will not change to greenish hue as they age like old one for reasons mentioned above.

i actually dig the silver color anyway so it doesnt bother me too much. although if you see an older silverburst that is greenish it definitely looks cool in person.

here's a pic of my robot LP in silverburst.
2984864943_24384bab35_b.jpg

• Members
correct - modern silverbursts will not change to greenish hue as they age like old one for reasons mentioned above.

i actually dig the silver color anyway so it doesnt bother me too much. although if you see an older silverburst that is greenish it definitely looks cool in person.

here's a pic of my robot LP in silverburst.

2984864943_24384bab35_b.jpg

that is a beauty.

• Members
gratuitous silverburst pic to add to the thread. Both "GOW" models.

035.jpg

I usually hate silverburst LPs, but that one is sweet. I think it's because all the others I've seen have a "teardrop" shape in silver, rather than a smaller silhouette of the body (like yours).

Very nice!
:thu:

• Members

My friend has a 79 Sliverburst. It's {censored}ing awesome and heavy. It's the standard I judge most LP's by. And most fail in comparision. I recently picked up a new one and was immediately dissapointed in the weight. Just not right.He recently had it refinished ! I haven't the guts to tell him he ruined it.

• Members
I usually hate silverburst LPs, but that one is sweet. I think it's because all the others I've seen have a "teardrop" shape in silver, rather than a smaller silhouette of the body (like yours).

Very nice!

:thu:

Thanks, I felt the same way. I preferred the figure 8 shaped-pattern over the tear-drop. In retrospect I can see the classier look to the tear-drop pattern on the LP Custom - with the multi-ply pg and split diamond headstock it all sort of "works" in a darker more "tuxedo" kind of way, but I do like the simplicity of appearance on this Custom Classic model - plus it was under $2K which was a lot more appealing than the price tag on the Custom LP SB. Sounds good too! Classic '57 & 57+. It has a lot of vibe and chime to it. I actually haven't warmed up to the SG as much though. I'm just not a big 498 fan I guess.

Archived