Painted headstock on a strat?

Vince

• Members

I'm building a strat at the moment, and I want to get my logo on the headstock. I could get a decal made in gold with a black outline (regular fender style) or I could paint it on. I don't like the look of surf green on wood (too pale and not enough contrast) but I do quite like the look of a painted headstock with a white logo.

Am I mad or should I continue with this idea???

• Members

I'm building a strat at the moment, and I want to get my logo on the headstock. I could get a decal made in gold with a black outline (regular fender style) or I could paint it on. I don't like the look of surf green on wood (too pale and not enough contrast) but I do quite like the look of a painted headstock with a white logo.

Am I mad or should I continue with this idea???

That painted headstock is sexy.

No {censored}

• Members

It really depends on the guitar. If it's got a rosewood board it looks cool. I don't like it with maple.

I remember when they did the Am Std guitars with the painted headstocks back in 94/95. The maple ones looked strange IMHO.

I just built a Jazzmaster and I painted the headstock. On a Strat I would be more likely to leave it as is. On a Jazzmaster or Jaguar I would def paint it.

Archived