Bigsby owners Pros-Cons?

Seeds

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No sweat to restring as long as you put a kink in the string just behind the ball. I use a pair of needlenose pliers for the job (and to cut excess string off when I'm finished). It makes restringing a snap. Otherwise you'll think you died and went to hell....

Don't hesitate. Bigsby's add great tone and sustain and they're dead cool. :cool:

• Members

Wow, I can't believe this hasn't turned into a "bigsby's suck and can't be kept in tune thread yet." Wow, there is hope for us yet. :thu:

Love my bigsby. Takes about 3 minutes longer than usual to change strings but that doesn't bother me. I wedge a little piece of foam under the ball the keep it on the peg while winding. Works like a charm.

• Members

Wow, I can't believe this hasn't turned into a "bigsby's suck and can't be kept in tune thread yet." Wow, there is hope for us yet.

You mean a "I hate Bigsbys because they won't do metal and keep going out of tune on my $100 Dean Vendetta with .08 strings" thread?

Yeah I'm surprised too. Maybe because the word "Bigsby" is in the thread title, most of those folks just pass over the thread.:thu:

• Members

I just put a Bigsby on my Epiphone Firebird studio, and that mother will absolutely NOT stay in tune. I've narrowed down the possibilities, and I don't think it's a fault of the Bigsby, but the ABR style TOM bridge. Using the arm lifts the saddles out of their grooves, and obviously makes for some huge tuning stability issues.

I've got a roller bridge on the way, and I'm confident that it'll solve the problem. I've had other Bigsby equipped guitars in the past, and they've been just fine. If theres a tuning problem, it's almost always a bridge/nut issue, and not the fault of the Bigsby.

• Members

After looking at the guys guitar it's not even a licensed Bigsby. If it were a licensed bigsby however it would not make a difference. What difference between a licensed and american made bigsby do you suppose would affect tuning?

Obviously you've never owned both or been here long enough to witness others' experiences.

Stay awhile...you'll get it. :p

Archived