Question on Stratocaster surf green

thunder100

• Members

Hey to all Fender surf green Start owners

Is your surf green a solid colour or is it with a lot of light a bit metallic

My friends American Vintage 57 is solid,my 02American Standard Custom Shop run a bit metallic.Just to check wether we are colour blind

Thanks for an answer

Roland

• Members

Surf Green was not a replication of anything. It was it's own color from the same era as Daphne Blue, Dakota Red, Fiesta Red, etc.

colorf60.jpg

Really? I thought sure it was an auto color...like from DeSoto or something...not that I've ever seen anyone identify what it was exactly. I've heard Fiesta Red is supposed to be Ford Poppy red. I think lake placid blue is a 56 Cadillac color...

• Members

Really? I thought sure it was an auto color...like from DeSoto or something...not that I've ever seen anyone identify what it was exactly. I've heard Fiesta Red is supposed to be Ford Poppy red. I think lake placid blue is a 56 Cadillac color...

They were old car colors. Here's some more info...

fendervintagecolorsqs3.jpg

• Members

Surf Green was not a replication of anything. It was it's own color from the same era as Daphne Blue, Dakota Red, Fiesta Red, etc.

colorf60.jpg

I STAND CORRECTED SIR!

That's a part of what this forum is about; keeping fact from fiction.

But, if you look at a 60's Fender in Daphnie Blue with the pickguard off, the exposed areas do look Blue-Green in comparison. I always thought Surf Green was a variation on that based on what I saw and read.

BTW: That custom color chart is very cool! ..:thu:

Archived