Replacement neck for Yamaha Pacifica?

davie

• Moderators

Hey guys,

My Yamaha Pacifica guitar's neck is wore like heck.. and was considering replacing the neck. Know any brands or guitar part makers who sells a similar length and size of neck?

I don't really care about the headstock shape. Just as long as the right length. And btw, the Pacifica neck length is different from the standard Fender strat/tele neck. Usually a 22-fret neck for Fender has some fingerboard sticking out at the bottom (at the 22nd fret), but the Pacifica neck doesn't have this overlap.

• Moderators

I would just buy a cheap Pacifica complete guitar off ebay, then use the neck and turn around and re-sell the body.

thanks harold. I've thought about it. I've been looking around on Craigslist.

But does anyone know any brands that make strats with a similar neck profile to the Pacifica? Maybe Jackson, LTD, etc..?

• Members

Can't really help you much, but what kind of wear are we talking about here? Frets or the neck itself?

And I'd do what Harold said. Easiest way around it. Finding another neck to fit the Pacifica could take a while. I don't think any of their stuff is a direct swap with other brands...

• Moderators

Can't really help you much, but what kind of wear are we talking about here? Frets or the neck itself?

And I'd do what Harold said. Easiest way around it. Finding another neck to fit the Pacifica could take a while. I don't think any of their stuff is a direct swap with other brands...

A ton of fret wear. I don't think its worth it to get a refret/redress. The guitar itself isn't worth that much. But it does have sentimental value though, since its my first guitar. I've had it for about 10 years now.

• Members

I have a used Pacifica neck I could sell you, but I really don't know what to ask for it. It's something that I wanted to hold on to, in case my 302 s should ever need a new neck (like you, I have a strong connection with my Pacifica), but you sound that you're needing it more than me, so...

The back of the headstock says 312, but it's stamped at the bottom of the neck as a 302s. (They used the same necks on both models.) Anyway, if you'd like to confer with the guys here and PM me your best offer...

DCP_1483.jpg

DCP_1484.jpg

DCP_1482.jpg

• Moderators

I have a used Pacifica neck I could sell you, but I really don't know what to ask for it. It's something that I wanted to hold on to, in case my 302 s should ever need a new neck (like you, I have a strong connection with my Pacifica), but you sound that you're needing it more than me, so...

The back of the headstock says 312, but it's stamped at the bottom of the neck as a 302s. (They used the same necks on both models.) Anyway, if you'd like to confer with the guys here and PM me your best offer...

Thanks Cobalt. Though I don't really have much to offer. But I'll PM you anyway.

• Members

Necks on Pacifica vary in quality according to models and to buy a lower pacifica means you get its cheaper neck. Cobalt's 300 series neck is certainly nicer than, say, that of an older 112. That would be a good one. I'd pay more for that 302 neck alone than a whole older 112.

• Members

Necks on Pacifica vary in quality according to models and to buy a lower pacifica means you get its cheaper neck. Cobalt's 300 series neck is certainly nicer than, say, that of an older 112. That would be a good one. I'd pay more for that 302 neck alone than a whole older 112.

PAC112 necks are of excellent build quality and are as good as any of the rest of the Pacifica lineup. The high-end Pacifica series had the same necks as the PAC112, except different inlays and inlay material was used (abalone) and flame maple stock was used instead of plain maple.

The neck used on the Pacifica PAC012 neck may be the only Pacifica neck that isn't on the same quality level, only because Yamaha has a contractors to make the PAC012 series and the Eterna series.

• Members

Wow = just buy another guitar!

terrible idea. it's his first guitar, let him fix it! unless you meant retire it and just buy another guitar then whatever lol.

i love my pac112. it is probably my favorite player in my collection, and after losing it one time (it was my first guitar but i foolishly traded it, and then recovered it months later at a pawn shop) i will never lose it again.

I'm pretty sure most fender contemporary necks fit it if you find them.

• Moderators

terrible idea. it's his first guitar, let him fix it! unless you meant retire it and just buy another guitar then whatever lol.

i love my pac112. it is probably my favorite player in my collection, and after losing it one time (it was my first guitar but i foolishly traded it, and then recovered it months later at a pawn shop) i will never lose it again.

I'm pretty sure most fender contemporary necks fit it if you find them.

As I mentioned in one of my posts. It's my first guitar, so therefore it has sentimental value. I've owned other guitars before though. I decided to keep the current neck, I decided that I should keep it as original as possible aside from the upgrades I added.

And no, Fender (and Fender-licensed) necks will NOT work with the pacifica models. Although the heel width is fine, the neck length is different and will not intonate properly. I've been browsing through ebay and I think I saw some necks that may fit but I'm still contemplating whether or not to swap necks.

• Members

Buy a donor guitar, I have done that for my old Yamaha nylon string Dynamics...much easier than looking around for certain parts, it`s good to have them around since new stuff doesn`t always fit or match. Those Yamaha electrics are everywhere, you shouldn`t have trouble finding what you need.

• 6 years later...

Archived