• Show
Clear All

• i vote no guard,but either way it's beautiful

i am jealous
    guitars are good............family is better
    the combo is wonderful!

Comment

• with
      Websitehttp://timothymschmidt.comYouTubehttp://www.youtube.com/user/jackharper24?feature=mheeFacebookhttp://www.facebook.com/TimothyMSchmidtActorTwitter: @Timothy_Schmidthttps://twitter.com/#!/Timothy_Schmidt

Comment

• No guard on that one. And on the truss rod cover what I think would look perfect is the same shade/color as the wood of the headstock. The black plastic is almost too black. (no spinal tap jokes)

Comment

• no guard

Comment

• Looks amazing!!! I vote black truss rod cover or rosewood. Or maybe shoot more of the dark brown onto the maple bit to darken it right up?

No guard is my vote.

Comment

• I think the burst trust rod cover looks phenomenal.. very unique.
              2x4 Telecaster build - | - killer HC search

Comment

• With guard

Trussrod cover to match headstock, but don't forget to put your signature on it

Comment

• No guard. They should be forbidden on LPs.

Comment

• I looks much better without the pickguard.
                    www.seasstarry.bandcamp.com

Comment

• I gotta say I had liked the idea of the wood truss rod cover.... till I saw it... I think the black would look better.

As for the pick guard... Frankly I like pickguards on LP's, so Im biased... [what is strange, becouse I dont use a pick....] so I would install it if it was mine.

Comment

• Definitely no on the pickguard, don't want to hide home made custom work. That's like grandma putting all those radishes on top of her award winning potato salad.

I for one think the wood truss cover is a must. Fits in very nicely with the feel of what you are creating.

Comment

• Excellent progress Freeman! I always enjoy checking this thread.

As for your two questions, my votes are as followed:

Black plastic truss rod cover

Yes pickguard, but in a darker cream to match the pickup rings.

I agree, if you go with a Guard, then it needs to match the pickup rings. I do like it with a Guard tho.

As for the TRC, Could we see the burst one in a pic of the whole guitar? Maybe it'd make more sense if we see it along side the body's colour.
                          Gibson LP Custom, Std, Studio, Jr (x2), SG Std (x2)
                          PRS Cu24, Cu22
                          Fender US Strat & Tele, Baja Tele, Hw1 P-Bass
                          Ibanez RG548, RG550, EX170
                          Epiphone LP Custom BB
                          Antoria Custom Agent
                          ----------
                          Mesa Roadking, Recto Trd "A" cab, Recto Std "S" cab (x2), P.H. 8x10
                          Marshall JCM800 2204 (x2), TSL, 1960A
                          Ampeg V-4
                          Jet City JCA20H
                          Orange PPC112
                          Laney B1, LC15
                          -------------------------
                          www.reverbnation.com/lastunderthesun
                          www.reverbnation.com/policebastard
                          www.myspace.com/thejiltedgeneration

Comment

• No guard! Let's see as much of that amazing finish as possible!
                            rockin' for life

Originally Posted by GAS Man

Thrash the establishment, strip it down, and let it rip.

Originally Posted by Deadbeat Son

There's no "just a" allowed here. There's no reason to denigrate a great guitar that does the trick for you just because it's less expensive than someone else's.

Good Trades with: boonestunes, smithshred

Nox P

Comment

• Thanks everyone. For right now I'm going to leave the p/g off - I don't use them on my acoustics and once I drill the holes I'm committed. If I start to scratch it I can always put one on.

And I'm going to play around with the TR cover some more - it was kind of fun to make the maple one but I'm not too crazy about it. I've got some rosewood scrap - maybe I can make one with a very fine around the edge - I'll experiment and see what happens.

Tonight I'll post some pictures of setting it up - today we are going out to hunt our Christmas tree.

Comment

• Very nice. and good luck on finding the perfect Christmas tree.
                                Add Tag...

Comment

Working...
                                X