VOM1T February 2017

garthman

• Members

Hello everyone.

Time to start playing guitars rather than talking about them.

My submission this month is a song by The Byrds called "Kathleen's Song". It appeared on their 1971 album "Byrdmaniax" - not one of their best albums but it's a nice song.

Kathleen's Song

https://app.box.com/shared/fu4lfxmv74

Played on my Yamaha Pacifica 112 through a small acoustic amp. One take, recorded with Audacity and my computer mic.

• Members

Sorry, nothing from me again.

garthman - Well done. Haven't heard that in ages but you did it justice.

catscurlyear - I'm with garthman, that was great.

extollo - Didn't recognize that one but I enjoyed it. Thanks for the additional info. You nailed it.

Idunno - Well done. Liked that a lot.

Thanks for your contributions everyone. Looking forward to next time. :thu:

• Members

Ok, here is something I did the other day. It is pretty rough, and was basically a test of a new mic with my Walden G2070, which I made for the guy who sold it to me for Pfennigs. I put in a Mellotron flute for good measure. There is a bad edit, where I tried to cut out a badly played verse, but you'll get the idea. I put the 'flute' in because there is one in an instrumental version in 'The Graduate.'

http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/su67coidcu/Eva_414_test.mp3

• Members

Lol. Last minute indeed. Thank you for listening and commenting. I am not really good with deadlines these days, and am just starting to get back into recording. I have a problem with 'Red-Light Syndrome.' I can usually play things correctly all the way through when the recording light isn't on, but as soon as it is, I fumble somewhat.

• Members

Well, thanks man. You are no slouch yourself! If you listen to it a couple of times, you'll hear the stumbles. I just changed the strings on the Walden, and am going to re-do it properly. The strings on this version are 3 month old Elixir Nano PBs. Wish I had a voice like Art (don't we all?) but I don't, and it isn't in my wife's range. Changing the key would alter the character too much, imo. The picking pattern is really cool. Picked it up from watching a vid on Youtube. Again, thank you for taking the time to listen and comment. :)

• Members

I heard your stumble recoveries. I make some pretty obvious ones, and attempt to (gracefully) pull out before hitting the ground, but we all listen past that stuff. I like the flute accompaniment. I have one melody I used synth strings in just for the S&Gs. Haven't done anything like it since. Again, good stuff.

Archived