Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSE is lame. I've cleaned up numerous boxes whose owners depended on MSE, includng my own hubby's. Just about worn out my MBAM and TDSSKill CDs getting rid of crap MSE never caught.
    You Win-Doze guys want decent free security, check out Comodo or Avast or Kapersky.
    Edit to add:
    Obviously, don't click on an ad here (or just about anywhere on da Interwebz).
    And.....this is another reason I don't hang out here so much anymore.

Yep. MSE is often ineffective.
    Kaspersky is good, but it's not free. AVG is good too.

I did some more digging, and found out that Google is causing the alarms. And best I can tell it is false alarming over one of the scripts in the HC pages.
    Proud reject from the HCAG Civil Posters Society, Martin snob, vitriolic sociopath, and tantrumist

Comment

I've been able to trace the germ back to somewhere in Scotland.
      R.I.P. TAH & Dak

Comment

Yep. MSE is often ineffective.
        Kaspersky is good, but it's not free. AVG is good too.

I did some more digging, and found out that Google is causing the alarms. And best I can tell it is false alarming over one of the scripts in the HC pages.

Oops, my bad.
        You're right, Kapersky isn't free, but I thought they had a free trial.

Comment

I've been able to trace the germ back to somewhere in Scotland.

subtle!

Roger Waters
          Echoes
          from the MEDDLE LP

Comment

What about the two new zombie posts from hoddy. Really hoddy? Or a web virus?
            Bob.
            Martin HD35 | Gibson J45tv | Taylor DN3 | Guild GAD25 | Taylor Baby | Yamaha FG413SBD | Yamaha FG200

Comment

What about the two new zombie posts from hoddy. Really hoddy? Or a web virus?

Hoddy. The ongoing feud surfaces from time to time. Ho hum...

Comment

Well, this is ****************ed up. I can only get on the forum through my phone... Not willing to risk my computer because I can't afford to replace it, but my phone is a piece of ****************...

Sami!! Nice to see you again.
                <div class="signaturecontainer">I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet.<br><br><br><br><br><br>I.K.F.C.<br><br>E.S .C.<br><br>Potato Society<br><br>SAWG</div>

Comment

I can only get on the forum through my phone... Not willing to risk my computer because I can't afford to replace it...

Trust me, Knock. You ain't missin' much.......not lately, anyway.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br><br>Three Dreads......2 Martins and 1 Yamaha<br><br>A fiddle, a mando, a uke, eight harmonicas, a Zoom H2, a Panasonic recorder, coupla penny whistles, an Italian made Titano accordion, three handguns, at least a dozen chess sets, more power tools than Bob Vila, and one old Westclox &quot;Big Ben&quot; wind-up alarm clock that still works! Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention my ocarina and maracas.</font></div>

Comment

Comment

Well, this is ****************ed up. I can only get on the forum through my phone... Not willing to risk my computer because I can't afford to replace it, but my phone is a piece of ****************...

Heck no, cause you're always spending all your money on pecker replacements. You need to read the thread on B/S wood and the quality of such. Some of it is danged X-pensive, and it won't affect your tone one damned bit, but it should last a long time, depending on the caliber of hand gun you accidentally shoot yerself with.

Roger Waters
                      Echoes
                      from the MEDDLE LP

Comment

Incase anyone cares or is concerned, heres the word from Phil O'keefe -
                        "Someone probably linked or hotlinked to another site, and that site is hosting something less than kosher. Notice that the reports from Google give us (HC) a clean bill of health in that we have not infected anyone... the problem lies elsewhere.

I've reported this to IT and we're definitely working on it. If you happen to run across any links to, or hotlinked images that are hosted on amp*ge, please note the thread link and post number and send it to me in a PM and I'll take care of it. (Amp*age link / mention removed by Phil 10-3-12)

Thanks!

Oh, and if you'd like to see screen shots of the reports (showing that HC isn't the source of the problem), you can view them in this thread".
                        From HCEG .
                        <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;If you walk through the streets of life looking behind you, you're gonna bump into ****************&quot;</div>

Comment

Hi Z, nice to see you too!!

Comment

FWIW I'm using Google Chrome and it says this site is potentially unsafe. (Think it is something to do with the security certificates?)
                            <div class="signaturecontainer">2011 Guild D-125<br />
                            Gibsun J200 - Very appreciateive HCAG caper recepient. Thanks everyone!</div>

Comment

Looks like it's been fixed. I didn't get any warning before I arrived here.
                              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><font color="seagreen">Guitars = Chick Magnet<br />
                              Guitar Hero = Guy Magnet<br />
                              You do the math.</font></font><br />
                              <br />
                              <br />
                              <font size="1"><font color="blue">HCAG Civil Posters Society, Charter Member #002.</font></font><br />
                              <font size="1"><b>Simple music is the hardest music to play and blues is simple music. - Albert Collins</b></font></div>

Comment

Me neither, every day for the last 3 but not today.
                                <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;If you walk through the streets of life looking behind you, you're gonna bump into ****************&quot;</div>

Comment

Working...
                                X