Is this the real thing?

Virgman

• Members

From somewhere on Alibaba...

The pic...

Amplifiers_TH30H_30W_Tube_Guitar_Amp_Head.jpg

For curiosity I sent an email for the price for one and got this reply. This amp head sells currently on sale at MF for $1,199...http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/orange-amplifiers-th30h-30w-tube-guitar-amp-head

The reply:

"Hi,

Thanks for your response on our product in our company.

Below is the price of the items.

Orange Amplifiers TH30H 30W Tube Guitar Amp Head====$350usd per unit including shipping cost.

We offer buy 3units and get 1unit free.

Please,kindly response back to our email below or you add our Skype."

• Members

I think a ray of hope for them is with the custom order guitars. Take some seller that makes a Shur clone that gets lots of good reviews. You can contact that seller and ask them to make this style of guitar without any markings on the headstock, or even put your own marks on the head stock. Something like this,

JFA-Logo.jpg

You can ask to have any changes made to the guitar, have them send you pics so that you can okay it to be sent and you'll get a custom guitar in the mail in a month. Cost is about $350.

I don't have a problem with that. It's not a counterfeit, no one is going to try to sell that guitar as a "Shur" and customs wont confiscate it on it's way in.

Some won't want to give any money to the Chinese, but as they rant on about it on their made in china computer, wearing their made in china clothes, in there made in china shoes, surrounded by their made in china furniture, it gets harder to take them seriously. You get my point.

I think the custom guitar option from china is a cool one. There just needs to be a better review/feedback system and I see it growing. Ali sells some pretty sweet watches for $10 ,too. lol

Bow down and grovel to your new overlords!

chinese-american-flag-tony-rubino.jpg:snax:

• Members

In many ways the manufacturers do it to themselves. That's Orange amp likely costs the manufacturer $200 in parts to build and shipping maybe $100. The retailer should sell it for $500 tops. They increase profits by having them made for $100 in China. They then sell them for $1100 in the US which makes counterfeiting worth while to pirates in China. They buy the same spare parts under the table and assemble them in sweat shops and list them on auction sites for nearly as much as what you'd pay from an authorized retailer. They don't have the overhead places like MF and Guitar center does so they can still make huge profits.

The big problem you have with sites like Alibaba is you still have to pay customs and taxes which can be very hefty if you've ever dealt with it. I buy small items off EBay that ship from China via mail packets and don't get zapped like you do buying large ticket items. Even then it can take a month or two getting something. I bought a stupid three way switch for $2 and it took 3 weeks to deliver. They must hail the post over there by donkey getting it to a boat which takes the long way around the world. Cant imagine buying an amp or guitar and having it held up in customs an additional 4 weeks while they contact you and make you pay an additional $300 to get it over the boarder.

• Members
In many ways the manufacturers do it to themselves. That's Orange amp likely costs the manufacturer $200 in parts to build and shipping maybe $100. The retailer should sell it for $500 tops. They increase profits by having them made for $100 in China. They then sell them for $1100 in the US which makes counterfeiting worth while to pirates in China. They buy the same spare parts under the table and assemble them in sweat shops and list them on auction sites for nearly as much as what you'd pay from an authorized retailer. They don't have the overhead places like MF and Guitar center does so they can still make huge profits.

The big problem you have with sites like Alibaba is you still have to pay customs and taxes which can be very hefty if you've ever dealt with it. I buy small items off EBay that ship from China via mail packets and don't get zapped like you do buying large ticket items. Even then it can take a month or two getting something. I bought a stupid three way switch for $2 and it took 3 weeks to deliver. They must hail the post over there by donkey getting it to a boat which takes the long way around the world. Cant imagine buying an amp or guitar and having it held up in customs an additional 4 weeks while they contact you and make you pay an additional $300 to get it over the boarder.

Those Orange amp heads are normally $1,699.00!!!

It's amazing how cheaply they can mail those small eBay items from China. I don't think the actual delivery takes long as those small mailings come by air. The mailings do get hung up in customs or at the mailing facility or whatever they use over there.

I've also bought those switches (mine had Korea stamped on them). They work well.

Archived