Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is it considered wrong to play jazz on a les paul?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is it considered wrong to play jazz on a les paul?

I mean i know it's a faux pas and all but i think you can get a convincing jazz tone out of an lp especially with the right pickups and the right settings.why is it so wrong?

Since when was it wrong...?

Comment

The Geneva Convention.
      Originally Posted by korky1958

And it's a suede vest, not a waistcoat.

Comment

They were intended to play Jazz; a solid body to reduce feedback.

Comment

I realize it is fusion but didn't DeMeola use a les paul forever?
          For SaleBoss OBD-3 Bass Distortion Like New $45 shipped.MXR Boost/Line Driver great condition with velcro. $60 shipped.Tech 21 Power Engine 60 Like new. $225

Comment

How can it possibly be wrong to play jazz on a guitar that was designed for jazz by one of the greatest jazz guitarists of all time? geez
            Les Paul recounts a time he was standing on the corner outside of a Count Basie concert with Wes Montgomery, Pat Martino, and George Benson, when he began to laugh at his fellow superstar jazz guitarists. "What are you laughing about?", they asked. "I told them, 'here's four of the greatest guitar players in the world standing on the corner all wishing they could play it like the other guy! Isn't that nice?"

Comment

I mean i know it's a faux pas and all but i think you can get a convincing jazz tone out of an lp especially with the right pickups and the right settings.why is it so wrong?

Who told you that it was wrong? Your wife?)

Lester William Polfuss....he say it OK
              Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

The snobbery of the jazz folk. It's so obnoxious.

Les Paul

Comment

Les Paul plays jazz....on a Les Paul. Who would consider it wrong?????
                  To Oblivion....And Beyond!

Comment

I bet Fender started that rumor.
                    it wasn`t me

Comment

I think Chief Ten Beers got to 12.....
                      “Take something you love, tell people about it, bring together people who share your love, and help make it better. Ultimately, you’ll have more of whatever you love for yourself and for the world” – Julius Schwartz

Comment

A les paul is always right.

Comment

Les Paul plays jazz....on a Les Paul. Who would consider it wrong?????

more specifically, the Recording model, which has been out of production for 30 years.
                          The Common Sense Mets Fan

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)

Comment

Plenty of jazzers play an LP.
                            I like Ulf Wakenius
                            ">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
                            ">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Comment

It's not the guitar but the player. I've done Jazz on a LP for 20 years.
                              The biggest obstacle to your success is you.

Comment

Working...
                              X