Clear All

• Any Other

Everyone jams and gigs, right?

Well I don

Never have jammed probably never will

No one wants to see a 50 year old who can't play worth S#$%

Work doesn't help either
    Originally Posted by Frets99
    I held one note through the whole thing and grimaced like I was being taken from behind by a camel.....

Member MAZI BEE KICK ASS MILITIA
    HCGB #251
    Guitars: F15 Fender Acoustic, F385 Takamine 12 String Acoustic, MIM Fender Strat with BG V60's, MIK Fender Blackout Tele with BG Pure90s, Reverend Manta Ray
    Amps: Mesa TA-15, White Box 1x12 cab, Crate V18 1-12
    Some Pedals

Comment

....No one wants to see a 50 year old who can't play worth S#$%.....

Well I would have some definite trepidation over trying to get back into it, after the better part of a lifetime being out. Those early days were pretty gratifying though. Maybe if I make it to retirement, I could find some kind-hearted folks as unskilled as myself.

Comment

Don't wait. Do it now. If you organize some players with similiar challenges it would work. Even if it's once a month. You can decide which songs to work on and practice those.

Don't put it off. Life is too short
        Originally Posted by GW348

I just let the pee flow. The places I play, no one notices or have peed themselves too.

RIP Wayne Murray

**************** YOU CANCER!!

Comment

I was like that for years. I finally did Bandworks this summer and now our 7-member band is trying to play every week and learn new songs. Even if you can only make time for 2 hours a week it's worth it.
          New stuff every day on Gain!

Comment

I hear ya...

haven
            All hail south of the border...

need any gardening??

Comment

I'm a Lone Wolf player, but I always have an audience of one...my wife.

Comment

same here...

tough audience eh mate?
                All hail south of the border...

need any gardening??

Comment

No one wants to see a 50 year old who can't play worth S#$%

Work doesn't help either

+1

Once a year my wife makes me play with her relatives who are pretty decent. Needless to say I'm too stressed out to have any fun with it. Back to the home office I go till next year.
                  Good Day. I said Good Day!

Comment

i get to jam all the time with my hardcore/mathcore band while i do vox, but on guitar, no body my age i know wants to play blues

so on guitar, i play alone
                    for now

Comment

+1 Unless you count the couple of times I played the lead part of my lesson, while the teacher played rythym. Even that was many years ago.
                      Originally Posted by Weathered

I'd sooner chop off my dick than buy a relic guitar though.

Originally Posted by stingxnj

You're a lucky man, sir. My wife got me a pair of slippers and a dildo for my birthday. She told me if I didn't like the slippers I could go **************** myself.

Member of the SG Army

In Rock 'n' Roll alliance with the Mazi Bee militia

Comment

The music scene here dried up years ago.
                        I still play with some friend and former band buddies just to have the experience.

If you want to play somewhat regularly, join a church band.

There's typically no hassle if you can't play a certain week or miss a practice.
                        After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. Aldous Huxley

Comment

Don't have time between work, my kids sports, my kids, art class and school.

Comment

Another +1.

And then when I'm not actually playing, she has to listen to me talking about playing.

Poor, patient lady......

Comment

Another +1.

And then when I'm not actually playing, she has to listen to me talking about playing.

Poor, patient lady......

True Dat!

Comment

Working...
                              X