Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT - Any Wii owners? (possible Guitar Hero content!)

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - Any Wii owners? (possible Guitar Hero content!)

Hey folks, I'm buying a Wii this weekend and would like input from owners. I've played one once, love that bowling game, and I think it'll be cool for the family. What are the must haves? Console, 2 controllers and........ what? I plan to get the recharging holder for the controllers, the HD cables, and maybe the numchuks.. But what else is essential besides games?

now, to make it guitar related.. Is Guitar Hero any different on the Wii than it would be for the PS2? We've got a PS2 now, and I was thinking GH.. My girl played it and loves it..
    Signature...

You definitely want the nunchucks.
    Even some of the included games like boxing require them.

As far as GH, I've never tried it on Wii.
    After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. Aldous Huxley

Comment

What is required for playing Madden?
      Signature...

Comment

Damn, I can't remember and I have it.
        There is an easy (family setting) where you just use the controller and it's pretty weak.
        After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. Aldous Huxley

Comment

Scratch Madden, I just looked at the screen shots.. Too cartoony!
          Signature...

Comment

I love my Wii. I already had a PS3 when I got it, but I bought it so that I could play together with my wife (she's not all that much into FPS).

We played the tennis game from the Sports Pack every single day.

I don't know if GH would be any different though. The graphics core of the Wii is pretty old so it may look like the PS2 version. The gameplay should really be the same. There's also Wii Music which uses the various controllers for playing virtual instruments. Only seen the trailers though, never tried that.

The rechargable battery packs are OK, but be prepared to charge often. Mine is said to last 30H which is a total joke, 8 or 9 is more like it... at most.

I bought a composite cable for it, but I think the picture looked better through the RGB one I had before because it was less sharp. On a 42" plasma the graphics aren't that good, 480p is the maximum.

Super Mario Galaxy is a pretty cool game if she's into Super Mario. Boom Blox is a nice puzzle game, you can probably find it for a few bucks if you search hard enough.

Controller wise I only have the controllers which came with it, bought a 2nd set. The balance board could also be interesting for a couple of games.
            -- Rainer

My Guitars (Updated 2011/07/02) • Schecter Society • Yamaholic • Reverend Congregation
            G&L Militia • Captain in the SG Army in Rock 'N' Roll alliance with the Mazi Bee Militia
            Beware of my Teutonic Terror

Comment

if you've never played resident evil 4 the wii version is good
              GREETINGS AND FELICITATIONS, CHILDREN OF TECHNOLOGY!

Comment

I second the nunchuks.Also,although they're not necessary the sports equip.(baseball bat,tennis racquet,etc.) makes the game more fun for my kids.Seems like you've got a good start as far as necessities are concerned.

Comment

I have a Wii. If you're all about graphics, I would suggest the PS3 or Xbox. The Wii is all about the playing experience which it's the best in my opinion.

Great for the family, my 3 year old plays a couple driving games and my wife and I love the Wii Sports. Haven't played GH yet...
                  Will Chen Trio | FrugalGuitarist.com | FG on Facebook | Forum

Comment

According to my kids gh is better on wii but i dont personally know since i

Comment

I have a Wii. If you're all about graphics, I would suggest the PS3 or Xbox. The Wii is all about the playing experience which it's the best in my opinion.

Great for the family, my 3 year old plays a couple driving games and my wife and I love the Wii Sports. Haven't played GH yet...

Yeah, it's more of a party / family console than state-of-the-art-graphics-machine.
                      -- Rainer

My Guitars (Updated 2011/07/02) • Schecter Society • Yamaholic • Reverend Congregation
                      G&L Militia • Captain in the SG Army in Rock 'N' Roll alliance with the Mazi Bee Militia
                      Beware of my Teutonic Terror

Comment

okokok, I'm gonna get the numchucks apparently..

Visually, yes, there are better systems but I love the whole Wii-ness of it.. Less ass sitting, more interaction. I went to a family Christmas party and we had a bowling tournament that was a riot. I've wanted one ever since.

For games, I'm thinking Super Mario Galaxy and a racing game to start.. I'll probably get Call of Duty and the gun controller soon after that.
                        Signature...

Comment

There are some great games but honestly, I get a lot of mileage out of the disc that came with it.

The Tennis, Bowling and Boxing I play A LOT.

Comment

okokok, I'm gonna get the numchucks apparently..

Visually, yes, there are better systems but I love the whole Wii-ness of it.. Less ass sitting, more interaction. I went to a family Christmas party and we had a bowling tournament that was a riot. I've wanted one ever since.

For games, I'm thinking Super Mario Galaxy and a racing game to start.. I'll probably get Call of Duty and the gun controller soon after that.

I've been wanting to play Call of Duty on the Wii for a while. If you have kids, my son loves the Cars Maternational racing game. Very easy for him to play. He also likes Monster Jam but needs my help as it's a little faster paced.
                            Will Chen Trio | FrugalGuitarist.com | FG on Facebook | Forum

Comment

Mario Kart is a definite.

Watch out with those Wii-mote recharging stations. I got one at Target that completely fried my Wii-mote. Boo.
                              Originally Posted by The Eristic

Enough with the name calling, you insufferable twats.

Comment

Working...
                              X