OT - Any Wii owners? (possible Guitar Hero content!)

RaVenCAD

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And another detail: Super Smash Bros Brawl is no fun until you unlock all the characters. Fortunately there is a guide to unlocking all of them quickly. It's on GameFAQs and the guide is at the end of Amazing Ampharos 's FAQ. It basically involves just playing hundreds of one-second matches (a special mode available makes that possible).

They put obscure guys like Pit from the forgotten 80s game "Kid Icarus" as available from the start and make you work to unlock Sonic.

Once everything's unlocked Super Smash Bros Brawl becomes a party classic.

Nintendo lately has been making their games really nasty hard for a 1-player experience. It would be like having Guitar Hero Metallica (wait a second that's coming out soon) and only having Expert available.

Again, if all you really want is Guitar Hero get a 360.

Also, just buy a SD Card, plug it in your computer. Put in game saves from the internet onto the card. Put it in your wii. Transfer saves. Voila. Everything unlocked, with no effort.

• Members

Also, just buy a SD Card, plug it in your computer. Put in game saves from the internet onto the card. Put it in your wii. Transfer saves. Voila. Everything unlocked, with no effort.

No can do for some games, they won't let you copy the saves. I'm pretty sure Smash Bros is on that list.

• Members

No can do for some games, they won't let you copy the saves. I'm pretty sure Smash Bros is on that list.

I have done it on Mariokart, Rayman, Super mario Galaxy, kanupa marble, super monkey ball, wii sports, wii play, umbrella chronicles, madden, house of the dead... Basically, every game I have played I have done it with. I don't play games much. Like to be able to have everything unlocked from the start.

• Members
Got my Wii! Having a blast.. The vintage games have already been browsed, and Wii points are being purchased ASAP..
:thu:

If all I wanted was Guitar Hero, I would have just bought it for our old PS2.. Mario Kart is on the on the shopping list for this weekend, as are the component cables.. Walmart didn't have them, so I guess I gotta hit Best Buy..

:thu:

The Wii can get maddenly (no pun intended) addictive, too. I like video games, but just don't have the time right now to invest in getting deep into it, so up until the holidays I didn't have any of the current gen consoles. Some relatives of ours surprised us with one, and it can definitely kill a few hours ;)

• Members

I got a wii for my family for Christmas, and we are having a blast. My wife and 2 girls can't get enough of guitar hero WT so we bought legends of rock yesterday. It's the first time my wife has shown interest in anything musical at all so I'm stoked. We liked the wii so much we had to get a big LCD TV to increase the fun factor. the "Ray man raving rabbids" games are serious crazy fun for the whole family. Lego Star wars, and the Resident evil games are highly recommended.

• Members

Picked up Mario Kart and the classic controller to go with the Super Mario World I downloaded earlier today. Both = very cool! My girl is digging the little steering wheel, but dear lord I can't let her ever drive the car lol Still no component cables unfortunately.. How big a difference are they going to make? The thing already looks very good on my HDTV using the composites.. Goes fullscreen without any noticable pixelation..

• Members

playing mario kart online is absolutely the greatest thing ever. i can kill hours playing it. i keep telling myself this is the last race i'm doing but can't ever quit. i made a mii that's called "fat oprah" and i usually play as that online.

• Members

Picked up Mario Kart and the classic controller to go with the Super Mario World I downloaded earlier today. Both = very cool! My girl is digging the little steering wheel, but dear lord I can't let her ever drive the car lol Still no component cables unfortunately.. How big a difference are they going to make? The thing already looks very good on my HDTV using the composites.. Goes fullscreen without any noticable pixelation..

The better the cable the easier it is to spot the pixelation. I think the picture looked better through the RGB SCART cable I had before, there was no visible noise but the picture seemed a little more blurry which actually wasn't a bad thing. Through the component cable everything is crystal clear, through the stock cables there was visible noise on the screen.

I had been waiting for a component cable for 2 weeks, they were all sold out after christmas. I only got it because the 2 RGB ports are already in use (DVD & sat receiver).

• Members

What is required for playing Madden?

Madden 07-09 suck on Wii. Wait for 10, it's going to be totally new.

Note family games, but Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and House of the Dead: Overkill are two fantastic light gun games. HotD: Overkill just came out - it's done a series of loosely-connected B horror movies (The Fetid Swamp, Papa's Palace of Pain, Carny, etc.). The presentation is just awesome, though the language is really over the top so not one to play with the kids around. Umbrella Chronicles is a lot more challenging, there's more to do, and it looks better, but it doesn't have the "pick up and play" feel of House of the Dead. It might not be as fun unless you're a fan of the series.

My other favorite Wii titles are Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and Zelda: Twilight Princess - both are AAA titles and really well done.

For something offbeat and light-hearted, check out Order Up. You take over a series of increasingly complex restaurants and try to keep up with the orders of the crazy patrons. Unlike some other cooking games, Order Up gives you a lot to do (hire assistants, buy new recipes, find new spices that specific patrons want, etc). This sounds lame, but the presentation is hilarious and the game is fun to play.

Enjoy your Wii!

Archived