Jet City Amps? Soldano?

steve_man

• Members

Okay, I might be behind a bit here, but just got a new GC catalog, and it has a new line of amps by Jet City, designed by Soldano. 20 Watt all-tube head, looks like it's about like the size of the new Marshall Haze mini-stack. $500 for the half-stack, looks like a pretty nice little amp...

Can't even find them on the GC website yet. Looks pretty sweet, though:

StreamImage.aspx?Image_ID=121F6D39-4DCF-

jetcity_jca20h.jpg

jetcityamps.jpg

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/Daily/News/Jet_City_Amplification_Debuts_First_Amps.aspx

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i played one at guitar center, i even took it out of the shipping box and read the manual it came with, plugged it up into its original 112 cabinet. clean/mild break up was okay, anything "rock" or medium to high gain just souned awful and trebly no matter what i did with EQ and the presence knob. decent for the money, but it wouldnt stick around long in my house.

• Members

I played the marshall haze, in 30 seconds I could tell it just plain SUCKED.

whereas I've heard nothing bad about the JCA20 and the one I went to play at GC was gone

It had sold the DAY IT CAME IN, the day before I came to play it.

• Members

Really? I can never stand "The Tone King." His settings are never any good and he talks too much.

I thought that these were the best sound demos out of any of the Jet City clips on youtube...

...and I thought it was a pretty good review....:idk:

• Members

Musician's Friend has bought into the entire line from Jet City...not sure when they will have them, though...

Most stores put the 20-watt out for sale starting on Black Friday, word about the 100 watt is it'll be closer to New years.

I thought the 20-watt was nice, but not outstanding.

The 100-watt is going to have the SLO/Avenger OD preamp, so I'm interested in how it sounds when it comes out.

• Members

I don't understand why people are so quick to piss all over a new product. Anybody who thinks they can test drive a new amp design on a crowded display floor in less than 5 minutes is full of it. This thing has a over half dozen knobs on it and some are on the back. Did you even look at the back? The youtube videos posted in this thread seem to have gotten a decent tone from it. They make the "drive by" reviews seem kind of stupid.

• Members

Invited the guy from Jet City Amps to watch this thread and answer any questions. He said he would check it out.

First question for me. These are obviously built to a price-point. I know that it says Mike Soldano approves the components. For the money, just how road-tough are these amps compared to the other foreign-made amps in this price range?

Archived