Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is The Most Expensive Production Guitar?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goes to show you can always pay too much for something
    I was kicked out of music class for passing notes...
    Tuned out, turned in and dropped off

Comment

this is always such a joke. everything about it is the worst eyesore I've ever seen. you couldn't pay me to be seen with this, and some ****************ing idiot will pay $25k... I guess it doesn't have to be set up or play well because anyone who pays $25k for this ****************ing mess is an idiot anyway and won't know the difference.

Agree but the gullible will buy anything. Seen how those stupid Hello Kitties are now going up in price?

Comment

this is always such a joke. everything about it is the worst eyesore I've ever seen. you couldn't pay me to be seen with this, and some ****************ing idiot will pay $25k... I guess it doesn't have to be set up or play well because anyone who pays $25k for this ****************ing mess is an idiot anyway and won't know the difference.

Not to defend it, but im guessing that this is more of an "art" piece than something you would actually want to gig with.

You know how people pay thousands and thousands of dollars for things like this:
        Gear:
        Cort m200 (with SD 59/JB combo)
        Ampeg Dan Armstrong
        Gibson Firebird Studio
        Gibson Explorer x2 (natural/white)
        Gibson LP studio
        Squier Tele Custom II
        Godin LG EMG
        Hello Kitty Strat
        Edwards LPC
        Jackson COW 6
        Jim Root Strat
        ESP Eclipse I DBSB
        Billy Corgan Strat
        50s Tribute Goldtop HB
        Squier Mini Strat
        Fender Cabronita Tele

Comment

Jack the dripper!
          Sometimes you follow your heart. Sometimes your heart cuts a fart. That's the cosmic shame.Charvel So Cals More Guitars Amp PedalsMy Band Site w/ Player

Comment

Agree but the gullible will buy anything. Seen how those stupid Hello Kitties are now going up in price?

Easy now, I'm in the market for one of those for my 6 year old.. She's a fan..
            Signature...

Comment

Easy now, I'm in the market for one of those for my 6 year old.. She's a fan..

I can see it for a six year old, even immensely cool for a six year old but for some reason, I don't think it's the six year olds or their dads that are driving up the prices.

When my girls were that age, walking into one of those Kitty stores made their day... and emptied my wallet!!!

Comment

Draw the line on Hello Kitty stuff if your 6 year old wants one of these:
                I was kicked out of music class for passing notes...
                Tuned out, turned in and dropped off

Comment

Not to defend it, but im guessing that this is more of an "art" piece than something you would actually want to gig with.

You know how people pay thousands and thousands of dollars for things like this:

I know the guy who makes these, he made it by dripping fly line in paint and casting onto the canvas (fly fisherman stuff) and my family owns a few of these. Really cool if you ask me.

I played the EVH, you're right. It plays like this. EVH wasn't a good luthier, and it's probably how his guitar played. It's a collectors item, and if I ever owned it: I wouldn't play it.

Funny thing is though that Fender has an EVH humbucker when all it was was a PAF from some ES Gibson. I think.
                  dharmaforone.bandcamp.comListen to my music and such.Strat - Jazzmaster - Bunch of fuzz and delay pedals - map.

Comment

When I checked a few months ago it was the Yngwie Malmsteem signature guitar by Fender, and that was 25K, now its 12.5K.
                    Guitars:
                    Agile AL-3000 : Dean Razorback DB : Ibanez AEL-20 : De Armond/Guild Sevenstar : Tanara "Strat" : ESP LTD B-55 Bass

Amps:
                    Raven RG20 : Vox Pathfinder 15R : Blackstar HT-5 Mini-Stack

Pedals:
                    Digitech Grunge : Digitech DeathMetal : Hardwire CM-2 : Hardwire DL-8 : Hardwire RV-7 : Ibanez WD-7 Wah : Boss GE-6

My Band (Well, actually just me, but hopefully one day a band): Dawn of Dusk

Comment

Martin acoustics man.

Theres a reason they didn't post the prices on line for the longest time. A good deal of them are 10K+. My buddy's dad has one, insured it using his youngest son's name so the insurance lasts longer.

oh would ya looky here

http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/choosing/guitars.php?p=c&g=4&m=D-45%20Authentic%201942

60k. Not bad
                      Missionary ov teh boosted midz
                      I like to build things
                      Good people: TomVanDeven, I.P. Freeley, Science!

Comment

Tell us how you really feel...
                        One MIA Fender Strat, one Gibson Les Paul, one Martin Acoustic, what more do you need?

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...ps92b32f13.gif

Comment

I know the guy who makes these, he made it by dripping fly line in paint and casting onto the canvas (fly fisherman stuff) and my family owns a few of these. Really cool if you ask me.

I'm pretty sure you don't know Jackson Pollock, but if you're family owns some of his work that would be cool. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Pollock
                          I'm often amazed, but never surprised.

Comment

I remember hearing something about a really expensive Steinberger Acoustic...
                            I Love Charvels

~Good Deals~
                            (HC)-- JKD, dougiefresh, Orange Jackson, Kojdogg, billy budapest, Sheik_Yerbouti, ejendres
                            (Rig-Talk)- King Guitar, Rayneman
                            (TGP)- flyngtr, SirBoye, onemind, SvenHock, Musicman0912,Kccheers
                            (Randall Forums)- Goldfish , BIGKAHUNA, SacredGroove, isburgracing, JMelton, Mikal69, HughJasol
                            (JCF)- Strangletooth, Newc, John.W.Lawson, potatohead, straycat, ///MK

Proud MTS User

Peace, Love & Rossness

Comment

I'm pretty sure you don't know Jackson Pollock, but if you're family owns some of his work that would be cool. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Pollock

I personally go fly fishing with Jack all the time.

Most people don't know he is an avid trout lover. All the stories of his death are lies.
                              peace pot purple micro dot

Comment

the most expensive guitar that i know of is the martin d-100... here it is 

http://www.martinguitar.com/new/item/89-d-100-deluxe.html

Comment

Working...
                                X