X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Gibson 335 S

Heres something a little different from Gibson, the 335-S reissue. All maple body, maple neck with Granadillo fretboard. Obviously brighter than a Les Paul but not ice pick bright, very nice clean and with overdrive.

I dont know who gets the credit either Sweetwater or Gibson but this was the best setup guitar out of the box ive ever had. Nice low action, no buzzing, just needed a slight pickup height adjustment. The Burstbuckers sound great. Build and finish are great, it some some really nice flame on the back of the neck and i think the plain top looks fantastic.

PICS!!

: Overwhelmed987, machine gunner, kensmith, belt (x2), mustys, DRPool, nmcbain, Lucid_Lunatic, stubacca, pgaken, tolling_bells, PeelingPaint98, Mr. Fancy Pants, knukklhead, zygoat, rockapede, sandro, thebloodbrother, MCon, natasmi, johnbegone, pencho, Nathanisking, jimihalen, J.LaGrassa, zephor, D34dBaWx. Alecto, TehBacons, David Pavlich, B Money, fuzzfan1, RDM, Aether24, Clonexx

Nice guitar Solly!

I keep meaning to post that I got one of these recently. I went ahead and bought an original one in Silverburst though. I found one at a good price and had always wanted one.
    —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

That's awesome. Really, really nice. Congrats!

Comment

Nice. Congrats and HNGD
        Gear: CV 50s Tele, Michael Kelly Patriot Standard, VOX Pathfinder 10, Fender Mustang I, Cheapie Maestro Acoustic

Originally Posted by Blackface

I'm not biased or anything, but everyone should think what I think.

Originally Posted by fly_with_v

Read, judge, and keep it to yourself, no one cares.

Comment

Nice! Is it heavy?

HNGD!
          Hold mah beer an' watch this!

Comment

Nice! Is it heavy?

HNGD!

Yes, it is heavy. 9lbs
            : Overwhelmed987, machine gunner, kensmith, belt (x2), mustys, DRPool, nmcbain, Lucid_Lunatic, stubacca, pgaken, tolling_bells, PeelingPaint98, Mr. Fancy Pants, knukklhead, zygoat, rockapede, sandro, thebloodbrother, MCon, natasmi, johnbegone, pencho, Nathanisking, jimihalen, J.LaGrassa, zephor, D34dBaWx. Alecto, TehBacons, David Pavlich, B Money, fuzzfan1, RDM, Aether24, Clonexx

Comment

Looks like it needs to eat a sammich or something.

Kidding. HNGD!
              Originally Posted by csm

The first, and most frequently violated rule of punk is: THERE ARE NO RULES.

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." — David Gilmour

Fender :: Gibson :: Epiphone :: Ibanez :: Yamaha
              Blackstar :: Orange :: Vox

Comment

Nice guitar Solly!

I keep meaning to post that I got one of these recently. I went ahead and bought an original one in Silverburst though. I found one at a good price and had always wanted one.

I'd like to see some pics of that

Comment

Very unique choice. Looks great. Congrats!
                  Information is not knowledge
                  Knowledge is not wisdom
                  Wisdom is not truth
                  Truth is not beauty
                  Beauty is not love
                  Love is not music.
                  Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

****************, Damn, @$&%, Gas attack...

***whew, glad its only in those two finishes...some type of blue, i.e. pehlam or mist and I might be done for
                    Pickups and Parts For Sale...

WTB BG Pups
                    Good deals with Guitarzan1143, diceman1000, narwhal, playdabluze, GibsonVman, TFM53

Comment

I'd like to see some pics of that

Will post some when I do a NGD of my own. Don't want to muddy the waters for you! That's a beautiful axe!
                      —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

Wow that is sweet,HNGD!
                        1989 Gibson SG
                        Eleven Rack

Comment

Wow! I have never seen one of those and I digz it... Very curious about the tone. Going to have to look around for one to try.

(Tubefox) I can't decide if I like it. I mean, I'm a fan of obscenely pointy guitars but...It looks like a cross between a flying V, a horseshoe, a viking axe, and an anorexic teenage girl.

Go here for my guitar pr0n. Warning: not safe for GAS-o-holics!

Comment

Sweet!! HNGD!!
                            Guitars:
                            94 U.S.A Peavey Predator
                            Epiphone 60's Les Paul Tribute Standard
                            Amps:
                            Vox Pathfinder 15r
                            Vox Valvetronix Ad100vt
                            Peavey 5150 II w/ Crate Blue Voodoo cab w/ Vintage 30's
                            Pedals: Skb Pedalboard
                            Fender PT-100
                            Crybaby Original Wah
                            Ibanez TS-9
                            Joyo Vintage Phase
                            Joyo Octave/Fuzz
                            MXR Micro Chorus
                            TC Electronic Flashback
                            MXR EVH-117 Flanger
                            Joyo 6-Band EQ
                            Member of the Squire Army + 5150 CREW

Comment

Cool! Haven't seen an original in 20 years and didn't know it was reissued. Well played, sir.
                              Geezer Brigade Member #350

Comment

Working...
                              X