My hollowbody design..

RaVenCAD

• Members

Thought I'd share my latest renders. Looking like this thing is actually going to become a real guitar. Can't wait to make some sawdust!

Iso1.jpg

End2.jpg

Neck1.jpg

I :love: the neck joint on this thing..

Next up: Bridge design..

I'm also going to do a 3D print of the nut area to get a feel for this neck shape. I'm aiming for something a a smidge fatter than my Carvin CT's neck. Dimensionally, it's there, but you gotta feel it to be sure.

Anywho, thanks for watching.. :wave:

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn nice. I'm not quite sure how I feel about the crescent sound hole but other than that I really dig it and am really looking forward to seeing the finished product.

2 Questions thought.

1) What scale length did you settle on?

2) Do you have a headstock design yet? and if so can we see a shot of the whole thing?

• Members

1 - Right now it's a 24.9" scale with 24 frets. I decided to make what I like and maybe change it if it ever gets beyond just a guitar for myself. I even have an idea for a user replaceable fretboard, so the scale and number of frets could be changed by swapping out the top and fretboard. Not sure it'd hold up structurally though.

2 - I have one, but I'm not satisfied yet. Once I am, you'll see it.

3 - As for the sound hole, it's there more to give me a place to mount the pickup switches than anything else. I'm not aiming this at the acoustic player. I MIGHT be able to do another one on the upper half, but I don't know yet.

• Members

Tele? ewwwww! There is no Tele here. This is the bastard child of a Carvin SC-90, a Soloway Swan, a Brian Moore bent top, and a big fat jazz box. Ain't no Tele DNA to be found!

Well first of all what is wrong with a Tele??? And in that first picture it looks like a Tele to me...

• Members

Well first of all what is wrong with a Tele??? And in that first picture it looks like a Tele to me...

Nothing wrong with a Tele, I'm just not a fan. A Tele is a great down and dirty workhorse, but I'm going for something a bit more elegant.

There is going to be a resemblance though, because there are only so many ways to make a singlecut-style guitar.

• Members

Big love for that neck joint, some sweet shapes going on in there:thu:

Can the forum Nazis please record this in a book for indicting RC at a later date;)

Hey now, I was VERY careful not to have any lines/curves/arcs/circles in common with a Gibson Les Paul. :p Now, Carvin and Soloway............... :cool:

Archived