Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone received their MF 150% gift certificates yet? Any problems using them?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote Originally Posted by joemonkey
    View Post

Every single person who played this game over the last few weeks is still within the return timeframe. Simple solution: call them up and make them pay for the returns. The deluge of returns on their dime should get Chris Baker sweating and typing in no time.

Maybe that's what they were hoping? Really though Chris has been pretty good about this if you have read all of his posts about it,I think he will honor the complaints.after all they did change the qualifications/rules as we know in midstream.Hell I was just told last night that they could be used for one of those warranty's they sell after buying a Amp but it says in fine print no in the email.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by aporcelainsky
      View Post

anybody email baker about this yet? the only reason I haven't is because I haven't yet received my codes for anything I ordered (first order was 11/24, second was last night). when I do, and if they are f'ed, then I will absolutely be happy to raise hell. I certainly do not plan on keeping anything I purchased if they can't honor their promises.

forums@musiciansfriend.com

Comment

Got mine and it's for 5 more than I was promised. I want to order a pickup, but I could get one of those akai pedals for free basically and another gift card worth a little more. I'd just have to wait to get my pickup a little longer

Comment

I'm a little cautious, because you can only redeem them by phone. Also, you can't use it with price matches based upon the print I'm reading. So it's not really a gift card.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead99
            View Post

Maybe that's what they were hoping? Really though Chris has been pretty good about this if you have read all of his posts about it,I think he will honor the complaints.after all they did change the qualifications/rules as we know in midstream.Hell I was just told last night that they could be used for one of those warranty's they sell after buying a Amp but it says in fine print no in the email.

I agree that he has been responsive and helpful. The problem is the way it is being handled in the first place. Chris shouldn't need to go on a message board and continually clarify things. THere should have been no change to the incentive midstream. They didn't think this through up front and are now dealing with a **************** storm on the back end. My guess is Sam Ash was stealing a heap load of potential business for them with those Gibson closeout deals and they wanted an opportunity to try and capitalize on that and it backfired a bit.

I for the life of me can't believe M123 brought back the 123% pricematch thing after what ensued last time around.
            Good trader/seller: Woody_in_MN, GibsonQC, m90guy, maltomario, drmojoxl, RockinIt, souperman08, Hand Amputation, D-log

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho
              View Post

I got a sick deal on a PM from M123 over a year ago on a $1200. I bought it for $480. I got it and the footswitch wouldn't work. I called in and they said to return the whole amp and they would replace the whole thing. I see they have no stock on their website for particular amp and ask them if they are getting more. They say "yes, send it back and we'll send you a new one". I send it back. They then say they aren't getting anymore and I ask them to ship the one with the defective footswitch back. They decline saying they don't have it. THen all of a sudden a "restock" shows up on their website.

That is why I completely abuse their pricematch policy. I only buy stuff from them that is cheaper than buying used. They make shady deals all the time. I've said this before but if you don't want to honor your "guarantee", don't make a "guarantee".

I ordered a Fender Tweed Deluxe re-issue from them December of 2011. 11 months and 13 emails later, they FINALLY sent the amp cover that was supposed to be included with the initial purchase. When I pressed them on the missing owners manual, they did send one...a printout of the manual on Fender.com

THAT'S why I take shameless advantage of their price match policy and bitch about them every chance I get lol

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho
                View Post

I agree that he has been responsive and helpful. The problem is the way it is being handled in the first place. Chris shouldn't need to go on a message board and continually clarify things. THere should have been no change to the incentive midstream. They didn't think this through up front and are now dealing with a **************** storm on the back end. My guess is Sam Ash was stealing a heap load of potential business for them with those Gibson closeout deals and they wanted an opportunity to try and capitalize on that and it backfired a bit.

I for the life of me can't believe M123 brought back the 123% pricematch thing after what ensued last time around.

I agree on all points,Why they changed it and made it 100 max was strange and I never did see a explanation,But I guess they can do what they want to do..and they do that often!

Comment

WTF? Still haven't got my $250 one yet, did ANYONE get a GC over $100? I ordered before they changed it and was assured by 3 people I would get it a few weeks back.
                  Guitars:
                  Too many to list, many Carvin's and friends.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by esphil
                    View Post

WTF? Still haven't got my $250 one yet, did ANYONE get a GC over $100? I ordered before they changed it and was assured by 3 people I would get it a few weeks back.

Mine is supposed to be greater than $100 as well. No sign of it...
                    Les Paul Standards, USA Fender Strat, Highway One Tele, PRS Custom 24, PRS SC250, Gibson SG, Martin DC16-RGTEMesa Single Recto, Epi Valve Standard, Blackstar HT-5, Vox AC15C1Good deals with: Thirsty One, Beckman, Facing Failure, ashasha, the new guy, Townshend, Alecto, Gatelyne ....many others (please remind me if you see this!)

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by eeddings
                      View Post

We were told they'd be stackable, usable on sale items, and could be combined with other coupons by a MF rep in the November deals thread. I hope once we call to use them we'll be pleasantly surprised.

from the website

*Gift certificates are issued in $5 increments up to $100 maximum. The 150% Price Match Guarantee is not stackable or combinable with other offers. Limited restrictions apply.
                      "Can somebody give me a hand with all this talent?"

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by esphil
                        View Post

Waiting for a 150.00 and got one for 70 which I don't even know what it was on.It would be nice if they somehow matched the order number with the emailed cert.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by TeleFromHelly
                          View Post

from the website

*Gift certificates are issued in $5 increments up to $100 maximum. The 150% Price Match Guarantee is not stackable or combinable with other offers. Limited restrictions apply.

They changed that during the Black Friday deals,at that time there was no maximum..I know someone has a screen shot.

Comment

This was originally not supposed to be limited. As per price match I received on 11/20

"Dear Musician,

Thank you for your recent inquiry.

We have a couple options that we are able to offer you. We can beat the price of the item by 10% offering it to you at the total of $811.90. Another option that we have, in place for the holiday season, is we are able to offer you the item at $829.00, and send you 50% of the difference on an e-cert that you will be able to use at a later date. If you are interested in placing an order for the item we would require you to contact us at the number below. When you contact us be sure to reference the price beat conformation number: XXXXXXXXXXX. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns, or if you are not completely satisfied with the service you have received from us today. We appreciate your feedback."

Comment

I promise not to keep hijacking this thread, but it appears I may have a bit of crow to eat. I just received this reply to my inquiry regarding my used Jaguar order-

"Thank you for your recent inquiry!

Everything appears to be fine with your order. All orders are subject to a standard verification hold which can be anywhere from 24-48 hours."

Perhaps coincidentally, even though I sent the original enquiry two hours ago (not complaining), the response came mere minutes after I emailed Chris Baker at forums@musiciansfriend.com about it. Make of that what you will.
                              Arrangements? How about I hit on two and four, and you shut the **************** up?

Comment

Hey guys,

Sorry for the confusion. I haven't heard of any changes to the exclusions so I'm checking with Marketing now. I'm also asking about the different expiration date.

As far as the codes being sent out, I found out last night that the codes over $100 will not likely be received until early next week. They have to do a lot more manual work to get the specific amounts on those certificates.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor
                                Sincerely,Chris BakerNight Supervisor

Comment

Working...
                                X