Has anyone received their MF 150% gift certificates yet? Any problems using them?

eeddings

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chbaker

View Post

I sure hope not. If there are issues, email me at forums@musiciansfriend.com and I'll get you taken care of.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

Thanks for the help tonight, Chris. I called 800-449-9128, went to Customer Service (pressed 2 then 3), and was able to get an order through using the $15 PM code on my wife's account. I can't begin to imagine how much of a headache this holiday season has been for you and your staff.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is getting a bit annoying. I tried to make an order for one of those akai pedals for a friend since all he has owned is one of those cheap black coffe ones.

They would give me the match but wanted to charge shipping saying that jr does charge shipping. Which they don't. Also would not let me use my coupon on the order even if I just got the 110% price match. Since they say the 150% is the only one they have on the system replacing the old 110%.

Thanks to mr. baker for personally replying to one if my emails. Just wish there wasn't so much back and fourth on these gift certificate rules.

Again I don't want it to sound like I am mad at mr. baker. Heck he was insanely fast with his reply. Sent an email as I was leaving work and got a reply before I even got home.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by eeddings

View Post

Weird, I used two codes on one order and I did it online. How much was yours for? Maybe only the lesser value ones are working online?

I've been told they work online, and that more than one can be used together.

What I'm curious about is whether they are tied to a specific email address or account.

• Members

Why is there so much mis-information and contradiction to what the official MF policy states and from what you are saying though? A little consistency would be great. Who is in charge of setting these policies? Will they be disciplined for this mix up which is still yet to be determined since there is so much misinofrmation I receive when I speak to a CS representative.

View Post

They are good to use with other deals, stackable, and will expire 1/31/13. Any codes worth over $100 will be sent out early next week.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

see, this is the kind of BS I usually deal with with MF. With M123 it is the typical non price match and then once the competitors item is out of stock then you get 1 of 2 messages that: 1) item is not in stock (price match will come in many days after initially sending in the PM request) or 2) we will match their current price (after the sale is over). It's great Mr. Baker the Nightman is helping customers, but would be great if the rest of the company was more like him, and Mr. Baker seems more like the exception rather than the norm of MF/M123 call in or online staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Drastion

View Post

This is getting a bit annoying. I tried to make an order for one of those akai pedals for a friend since all he has owned is one of those cheap black coffe ones.

They would give me the match but wanted to charge shipping saying that jr does charge shipping. Which they don't. Also would not let me use my coupon on the order even if I just got the 110% price match. Since they say the 150% is the only one they have on the system replacing the old 110%.

Thanks to mr. baker for personally replying to one if my emails. Just wish there wasn't so much back and fourth on these gift certificate rules.

Again I don't want it to sound like I am mad at mr. baker. Heck he was insanely fast with his reply. Sent an email as I was leaving work and got a reply before I even got home.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1

View Post

Why is there so much mis-information and contradiction to what the official MF policy states and from what you are saying though? A little consistency would be great. Who is in charge of setting these policies? Will they be disciplined for this mix up which is still yet to be determined since there is so much misinofrmation I receive when I speak to a CS representative.

View Post

see, this is the kind of BS I usually deal with with MF. With M123 it is the typical non price match and then once the competitors item is out of stock then you get 1 of 2 messages that: 1) item is not in stock (price match will come in many days after initially sending in the PM request) or 2) we will match their current price (after the sale is over). It's great Mr. Baker the Nightman is helping customers, but would be great if the rest of the company was more like him, and Mr. Baker seems more like the exception rather than the norm of MF/M123 call in or online staff.

Sorry about the confusion. The verbiage about exclusions is there to protect us, but we will make sure that our customers are taken care of. The exclusions was an error, and we've already spoken with Marketing about it. They're making sure the correct expiration date is on the future certificates we're sending out.

We've got a lot of focus on the issues customers have been having with getting price matches and hope to put this issue to rest soon. If you run into this issue, email me. I'll get you taken care of. Of course, the best way to avoid us not responding fast enough to your price request email is to call in and get it handled right away (the phone agent can even send the quote right then on the phone if needed), although I understand that calling in may not always be an option.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

So bottom line is if I get a price match on an item, I can then use say my $250 GC, a $100 gc and another $50 gc to pay for it? Will I be able to do all this online? I honestly hate calling in my order, as most of the reps seem clueless and I have no patience for idiots. For example, last week I called in for the price match on the Gibson 70s Tribute SG silverburst. The guy sounded stoned out of his mind. He couldn't find the item until I told him specifically how to search for it. Then I told him I already had the price match for $478.64 but I accidentally deleted it in my spam folder as it was sent there for whatever reason. He then had to pretend like I was a first time caller when I already had the price match, so he put me on hold for 5 minutes to get manager's approval. Again, I already had this approved via email from Kevin Couch. I told him the incident # or price match inquiry # and I assumed he could look it up as I have had a rep do this before. Well he gets back and says it is approved like he was doing me a favor. Then when giving my credit card info he asked several times which makes me a little leery. Seemed like every time I would repeat the number he would say it incorrectly. Then when that was all cleared up, he screws up my shipping information and that took another 5 minutes. When I asked him to repeat back to me the information it was STILL wrong.... Finally after 20 something minutes the order was complete, This is precisely the point of wasting time on the phone with a clueless sales rep, when I'd rather make a few clicks online in under a minute to place my order.

• Members

Sorry, I am not buying this. I currently have a PM request for the Akai Distortion pedal from M123 and STILL nothing from over 24 hours ago. If I really want it, I will have to deal with the BS on the phone and get MF to price match it. It's pretty bad to just go without a product just for the sake of dreading the time on the phone with an incompetant representative.

View Post

We've got a lot of focus on the issues customers have been having with getting price matches and hope to put this issue to rest soon. If you run into this issue, email me. I'll get you taken care of. Of course, the best way to avoid us not responding fast enough to your price request email is to call in and get it handled right away (the phone agent can even send the quote right then on the phone if needed), although I understand that calling in may not always be an option.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

View Post

Sorry, I am not buying this. I currently have a PM request for the Akai Distortion pedal from M123 and STILL nothing from over 24 hours ago. If I really want it, I will have to deal with the BS on the phone and get MF to price match it. It's pretty bad to just go without a product just for the sake of dreading the time on the phone with an incompetant representative.

FWIW I've made a couple calls to MF in the past 3 weeks and all my reps have been pretty good. I'm pretty sure they have to check with a manager whenever a price-match reaches a certain level of discount - they just don't have the authority to do it on the spot like that. I actually placed an order for the 2 Akai pedals over the phone on Thursday and I had no issues whatsoever.

Price-matching online is still terrible.. I've gotten rejected every single time. Once I emailed them back detailing what their policy says then maybe the chance of getting a PM increased a couple percentage points, but it's still pretty hopeless. I think the bottom line is if you want a reasonably painless deal you have to talk to humans on the phone and just be patient with them.

• Members

The online price matches have been very sloppy for along time,They rarely respond to a question until the run out of stock and get things screwed up on a regular basis.

I have a couple that went through the past week without a hitch which is odd or just luck.

When calling about online match the custom quote number seems to give them alot of trouble.

Maybe Chris will get things working I guess time will tell folks.

• Members

unfortunately you are correct. I realize the only way to get a price match is to call it in. Wish the online thing worked so as to avoid the mindless and meaningless chit chat they want to waste more of your time with and then the hard sell on the warranty and other strings, accessories or amps while they have you on the phone. The saving grace of the internet is to completely avoid that BS, which I've been doing mostly since 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by aporcelainsky

View Post

Price-matching online is still terrible.. I've gotten rejected every single time. Once I emailed them back detailing what their policy says then maybe the chance of getting a PM increased a couple percentage points, but it's still pretty hopeless. I think the bottom line is if you want a reasonably painless deal you have to talk to humans on the phone and just be patient with them.

• Members

View Post

So bottom line is if I get a price match on an item, I can then use say my $250 GC, a $100 gc and another $50 gc to pay for it? Will I be able to do all this online? I honestly hate calling in my order, as most of the reps seem clueless and I have no patience for idiots. For example, last week I called in for the price match on the Gibson 70s Tribute SG silverburst. The guy sounded stoned out of his mind. He couldn't find the item until I told him specifically how to search for it. Then I told him I already had the price match for $478.64 but I accidentally deleted it in my spam folder as it was sent there for whatever reason. He then had to pretend like I was a first time caller when I already had the price match, so he put me on hold for 5 minutes to get manager's approval. Again, I already had this approved via email from Kevin Couch. I told him the incident # or price match inquiry # and I assumed he could look it up as I have had a rep do this before. Well he gets back and says it is approved like he was doing me a favor. Then when giving my credit card info he asked several times which makes me a little leery. Seemed like every time I would repeat the number he would say it incorrectly. Then when that was all cleared up, he screws up my shipping information and that took another 5 minutes. When I asked him to repeat back to me the information it was STILL wrong.... Finally after 20 something minutes the order was complete, This is precisely the point of wasting time on the phone with a clueless sales rep, when I'd rather make a few clicks online in under a minute to place my order.

Fusion1, I like ya bro, and I sense you are a dedicated musician, but you bitch worse than anything I've ever seen. You know what, they didn't even used to have the {censored}ing internet. Everything was done on the phone. You either learned to give good phone or you didn't get your business taken care of. You bitch because the web price matches don't come through, then you bitch because the phone reps are too slow, too stoned, have to get approval, etc. I prefer calling and I very very rarely have any issues whatsoever. Yes, sometimes they don't want to match a price that is under cost, but with polite persistence they inevitably have matched for me. I'm starting to think all these phone nightmares you rave on and on about, might be brought on by your bad attitude towards having to actually use the phone and speak to a human being. Peace

• Members

I'm on the phone enough during the day the last thing is to have to waste 30 minutes of my time dealing with a customer service rep when I could do the same thing on the inbternet in under a minute. Nothing deeper than that. You do mention about life before the internet, and when I think back to that time I owned 3 guitars. With the internet comes GAS and I have a significantly larger number than that now and maybe the phone in only price matches will keep GAS under check but probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by watsonaka

View Post

Fusion1, I like ya bro, and I sense you are a dedicated musician, but you bitch worse than anything I've ever seen. You know what, they didn't even used to have the {censored}ing internet. Everything was done on the phone. You either learned to give good phone or you didn't get your business taken care of. You bitch because the web price matches don't come through, then you bitch because the phone reps are too slow, too stoned, have to get approval, etc. I prefer calling and I very very rarely have any issues whatsoever. Yes, sometimes they don't want to match a price that is under cost, but with polite persistence they inevitably have matched for me. I'm starting to think all these phone nightmares you rave on and on about, might be brought on by your bad attitude towards having to actually use the phone and speak to a human being. Peace

• Members

View Post

I'm on the phone enough during the day the last thing is to have to waste 30 minutes of my time dealing with a customer service rep when I could do the same thing on the inbternet in under a minute. Nothing deeper than that. You do mention about life before the internet, and when I think back to that time I owned 3 guitars. With the internet comes GAS and I have a significantly larger number than that now and maybe the phone in only price matches will keep GAS under check but probably not.

Yeah good luck with that Fusion, hah. I owned none back then, so I can blame them all on the web. God the web sucks. I should really log off and quit. Maybe tomorrow. Right now I have Gift Certificates to spend facepalm.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead99

View Post

So did they change the limit again? At 1st there was no limit then there was $100,I ordered a guitar last night and was told I was getting the full 50% which was 170.

Did he also say: I have some land in Florida for sale, cheque is in the mail, and not in your mouth????

• Members

They didn't change the limit. The CS reps are slow on the uptake. They got them drinking the Kool-Aid!

That would be funny if they did change it back after the sam ash sale. I'm so ready to pull the trigger on another order after my gift card! It's guitar month wohooo let's Totally_jammin_out.gif n' roll

Archived