Has anyone received their MF 150% gift certificates yet? Any problems using them?

eeddings

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho

View Post

I got a sick deal on a PM from M123 over a year ago on a $1200. I bought it for $480. I got it and the footswitch wouldn't work. I called in and they said to return the whole amp and they would replace the whole thing. I see they have no stock on their website for particular amp and ask them if they are getting more. They say "yes, send it back and we'll send you a new one". I send it back. They then say they aren't getting anymore and I ask them to ship the one with the defective footswitch back. They decline saying they don't have it. THen all of a sudden a "restock" shows up on their website.

That is why I completely abuse their pricematch policy. I only buy stuff from them that is cheaper than buying used. They make shady deals all the time. I've said this before but if you don't want to honor your "guarantee", don't make a "guarantee".

I ordered a Fender Tweed Deluxe re-issue from them December of 2011. 11 months and 13 emails later, they FINALLY sent the amp cover that was supposed to be included with the initial purchase. When I pressed them on the missing owners manual, they did send one...a printout of the manual on Fender.com facepalm.gif

THAT'S why I take shameless advantage of their price match policy and bitch about them every chance I get lol

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho

View Post

I agree that he has been responsive and helpful. The problem is the way it is being handled in the first place. Chris shouldn't need to go on a message board and continually clarify things. THere should have been no change to the incentive midstream. They didn't think this through up front and are now dealing with a {censored} storm on the back end. My guess is Sam Ash was stealing a heap load of potential business for them with those Gibson closeout deals and they wanted an opportunity to try and capitalize on that and it backfired a bit.

I for the life of me can't believe M123 brought back the 123% pricematch thing after what ensued last time around.

I agree on all points,Why they changed it and made it 100 max was strange and I never did see a explanation,But I guess they can do what they want to do..and they do that often!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by esphil

View Post

WTF? Still haven't got my $250 one yet, did ANYONE get a GC over $100? I ordered before they changed it and was assured by 3 people I would get it a few weeks back.

Mine is supposed to be greater than $100 as well. No sign of it...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by eeddings

View Post

We were told they'd be stackable, usable on sale items, and could be combined with other coupons by a MF rep in the November deals thread. I hope once we call to use them we'll be pleasantly surprised.

from the website

*Gift certificates are issued in $5 increments up to $100 maximum. The 150% Price Match Guarantee is not stackable or combinable with other offers. Limited restrictions apply.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by esphil

View Post

WTF? Still haven't got my $250 one yet, did ANYONE get a GC over $100? I ordered before they changed it and was assured by 3 people I would get it a few weeks back.

Waiting for a 150.00 and got one for 70 which I don't even know what it was on.It would be nice if they somehow matched the order number with the emailed cert.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TeleFromHelly

View Post

from the website

*Gift certificates are issued in $5 increments up to $100 maximum. The 150% Price Match Guarantee is not stackable or combinable with other offers. Limited restrictions apply.

They changed that during the Black Friday deals,at that time there was no maximum..I know someone has a screen shot.

• Members

This was originally not supposed to be limited. As per price match I received on 11/20

"Dear Musician,

Thank you for your recent inquiry.

We have a couple options that we are able to offer you. We can beat the price of the item by 10% offering it to you at the total of $811.90. Another option that we have, in place for the holiday season, is we are able to offer you the item at $829.00, and send you 50% of the difference on an e-cert that you will be able to use at a later date. If you are interested in placing an order for the item we would require you to contact us at the number below. When you contact us be sure to reference the price beat conformation number: XXXXXXXXXXX. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns, or if you are not completely satisfied with the service you have received from us today. We appreciate your feedback."

• Members

I promise not to keep hijacking this thread, but it appears I may have a bit of crow to eat. I just received this reply to my inquiry regarding my used Jaguar order-

"Thank you for your recent inquiry!

Everything appears to be fine with your order. All orders are subject to a standard verification hold which can be anywhere from 24-48 hours."

Perhaps coincidentally, even though I sent the original enquiry two hours ago (not complaining), the response came mere minutes after I emailed Chris Baker at forums@musiciansfriend.com about it. Make of that what you will.

• Members

Hey guys,

Sorry for the confusion. I haven't heard of any changes to the exclusions so I'm checking with Marketing now. I'm also asking about the different expiration date.

As far as the codes being sent out, I found out last night that the codes over $100 will not likely be received until early next week. They have to do a lot more manual work to get the specific amounts on those certificates.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

FYI, I used my 55 dollar "gift card" to get another price matched item (yeah, I got the akai overdrive after all which comes with a 65 gc). So basically, MF just gave me a $180 pedal and some picks and 10 extra bucks on my gift card. Not bad

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chbaker

View Post

Hey guys,

Sorry for the confusion. I haven't heard of any changes to the exclusions so I'm checking with Marketing now. I'm also asking about the different expiration date.

As far as the codes being sent out, I found out last night that the codes over $100 will not likely be received until early next week. They have to do a lot more manual work to get the specific amounts on those certificates.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

Chris can they somehow tie the original order number with the emailed code as some of us have placed multiple orders since we were on a spending money spree for gear?

Like today I got a 70.00 code and i don't know which item its tied to as that's not the number i was given when ordering.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead99

View Post

Chris can they somehow tie the original order number with the emailed code as some of us have placed multiple orders since we were on a spending money spree for gear?

Like today I got a 70.00 code and i don't know which item its tied to as that's not the number i was given when ordering.

I don't believe so, at least not without throwing a wrench in the gears to try and make the change. If you email forums@musiciansfriend.com, I or a member of my team will be happy to track down which order it relates to for you.

As far as the exclusions and expiration date, nothing has changed as far as what you can redeem these towards. You will be able to use them with our coupons and offers like what was discussed before, and the expiration date will be 1/31/13. As always, the bottom line is we'll get you taken care of if you reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

View Post

I don't believe so, at least not without throwing a wrench in the gears to try and make the change. If you email forums@musiciansfriend.com, I or a member of my team will be happy to track down which order it relates to for you.

As far as the exclusions and expiration date, nothing has changed as far as what you can redeem these towards. You will be able to use them with our coupons and offers like what was discussed before, and the expiration date will be 1/31/13. As always, the bottom line is we'll get you taken care of if you reach out to us.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

Thanks for posting in this thread and clearing this up. This has got to be a CS nighmare for you guys!

• Members

View Post

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

That's what we like to hear Chris,,thanks much.

• Members

FYI... I placed an order tonight. I placed the order online and was able to use both a $15 and a $30 PM code stacked on the same order.

My wife had done a Price Match for me on one of those Hercules stands last week, since I was only allowed one on my account. She got her gift certificate code tonight. So, we both had $15 gift certificate codes.

The $15 codes are identical (both mine and heres were the same exact codes).

She also received a buy 1 get 1 code from MF tonight for a cable, drum stick set, or strings. I did not recieve this offer.

• Members

View Post

FYI... I placed an order tonight. I placed the order online and was able to use both a $15 and a $30 PM code stacked on the same order.

My wife had done a Price Match for me on one of those Hercules stands last week, since I was only allowed one on my account. She got her gift certificate code tonight. So, we both had $15 gift certificate codes.

The $15 codes are identical (both mine and heres were the same exact codes).

She also received a buy 1 get 1 code from MF tonight for a cable, drum stick set, or strings. I did not recieve this offer.

So if I'm understanding correctly, these are not unique codes to the individual? So hypothetically, you could use it, then your wife could use it, and then the world could use it?

Oh man... icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by joemonkey

View Post

So if I'm understanding correctly, these are not unique codes to the individual? So hypothetically, you could use it, then your wife could use it, and then the world could use it?

Oh man... icon_lol.gif

I really don't know. I assume that the code is enabled on user accounts that got a $15 PM. I assume once I've used it I can't use it again. I didn't try. Maybe the deal is tied to the Hercules stand PM deal. Perhaps we both received identical codes because we PMd identical items and got identical deals. *shrug*

I assume that someone who didn't get a PM can't use the code.

If someone has a $15 code not for a Hercules stand PM deal that has already been used as I have, we could compare codes.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by MatteK

View Post

Weird, mine wouldn't work online.

Weird, I used two codes on one order and I did it online. How much was yours for? Maybe only the lesser value ones are working online?

I also used the BOGO code that was e-mailed to my wife (since I didn't get one in my inbox). So, I was able to combine the BOGO deal with the two PM codes. Also, the items I ordered were "on sale". I bought some cables.

I prefer to buy online so I can get that additional cash back.

• Members

Mine was for 55.

View Post

Weird, I used two codes on one order and I did it online. How much was yours for? Maybe only the lesser value ones are working online?

I also used the BOGO code that was e-mailed to my wife (since I didn't get one in my inbox). So, I was able to combine the BOGO deal with the two PM codes. Also, the items I ordered were "on sale". I bought some cables.

I prefer to buy online so I can get that additional cash back.

• Members

He did. And he also said it wouyld be good with other deals as well as stackable. Seems we were duped again.

Another weird thing is I still have not got the $250 GC for the Gibson Midtown, but I received the $15 GC from the Hercules stand that I ordered a couple of days later than the Midtown. Watch that one conveniently disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by 67mike

View Post

Just got my first 2 GC's.....only issue I see.....

EXPIRY IS Dec 22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not much time.cry.gif

I need to look back and see...BUT I thought Chris said it would be good untill 12/31/12 or 1/31/13?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1

View Post

He did. And he also said it wouyld be good with other deals as well as stackable. Seems we were duped again.

Another weird thing is I still have not got the $250 GC for the Gibson Midtown, but I received the $15 GC from the Hercules stand that I ordered a couple of days later than the Midtown. Watch that one conveniently disappear.

They are good to use with other deals, stackable, and will expire 1/31/13. Any codes worth over $100 will be sent out early next week.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

So... I logged into my wife's account to try and use her code online for the $15 Hercules price match. And, yes, it told me the code had exceeded its usage limit.

Now I'm real curious to find out if everyone who received the Hercules PM code was given the exact same code...

• Members

View Post

So... I logged into my wife's account to try and use her code online for the $15 Hercules price match. And, yes, it told me the code had exceeded its usage limit.

Now I'm real curious to find out if everyone who received the Hercules PM code was given the exact same code...

I sure hope not. If there are issues, email me at forums@musiciansfriend.com and I'll get you taken care of.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

Archived