Has anyone received their MF 150% gift certificates yet? Any problems using them?

eeddings

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1

View Post

Scored a Schecter Damien Elite 8 for $379 price matched from Amazon. Was able to use my 2 GCs of $250 and $15. Not too bad at ONLY 16 minutes to complete the deal. Will qualify for a $100 gc. This was much easier than other times. Still could do without the chit chat about what bands I am in and what I am using the guitar for or who it is for, and then the hard sell for the gold coverage and then the accessories, but I guess that's the BS necessary to get the deals by calling it in.

You have the choice of shopping somewhere else. They never promised you the ability to use the codes online and you don't have to spend 30 minutes on the phone if you don't want to. Most people that don't have 30 minutes to waste on the phone don't even call. I'm just sayin'. It seems like it is working out just fine for you but you are still complaining for some reason. Cheer up dude!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho

View Post

You have the choice of shopping somewhere else. They never promised you the ability to use the codes online and you don't have to spend 30 minutes on the phone if you don't want to. Most people that don't have 30 minutes to waste on the phone don't even call. I'm just sayin'. It seems like it is working out just fine for you but you are still complaining for some reason. Cheer up dude!

Watch your tone, my man. This is a Hall of Fame Member you're talking to afterall.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 67mike

View Post

STFU NEWBfacepalm.gif

icon_lol.gif Everyone's Paulie Walnuts on the internets. You gonna make me, Hall of Fame Member?

NEWB? icon_lol.gif What the hell is up with this notion that you have to be grandfathered in before you can express any sort of opinion that tickles the panties of the old timers?

• Members

First agent(woman) was rude about not taking the certificates. Second agent(man) took certificates no problem without any complaint. I'm sure he was looking at his screen going holy crap! Really glad musicians friend honored the policy on these certificates. Amazing how polite musicians friend is compared to the other affiliate companies.

• Members

View Post

Scored a Schecter Damien Elite 8 for $379 price matched from Amazon. Was able to use my 2 GCs of $250 and $15. Not too bad at ONLY 16 minutes to complete the deal. Will qualify for a $100 gc. This was much easier than other times. Still could do without the chit chat about what bands I am in and what I am using the guitar for or who it is for, and then the hard sell for the gold coverage and then the accessories, but I guess that's the BS necessary to get the deals by calling it in.

God damn, c'mon. You basically got a free guitar and you're crying about having to spend 15 minutes on the phone with someone who actually seems to show appreciation and be interested in the customers? They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. Some people are never pleased.

• Members

I am not a Harvard MBA, but I am thinking this 150% price matching isn't a sound business practise that is going to pad MF's bottom line???

I read the article on the level of debt that MF's parent company is in......I cannot see things continuing much further.

We actually are contributing to it's "death by 1000 cuts". Are we suppose to be feeling remorseful?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by joemonkey

View Post

icon_lol.gif Everyone's Paulie Walnuts on the internets. You gonna make me, Hall of Fame Member?

NEWB? icon_lol.gif What the hell is up with this notion that you have to be grandfathered in before you can express any sort of opinion that tickles the panties of the old timers?

We have gone through the ritual of transforming from teetsuckling newbs to full-on tards. Some of us have even endured having out teeth chiseled into points without the luxury of anasthetic. Come talk to me after you do the same, son.

• Members

View Post

We have gone through the ritual of transforming from teetsuckling newbs to full-on tards. Some of us have even endured having out teeth chiseled into points without the luxury of anasthetic. Come talk to me after you do the same, son.

Every newb has to take their lumps(I know I did) biggrin.gif

I don't see MF/M123 being around forever...maybe they're in pre-clearance mode?

• Members

View Post

None of this means a thing to me. This isn't the Elks Club.

It's a message board. On the internet. The opinion in my first post is just as valid as the one in my 7,396th post. Get over yourself. You're a middle-aged man arguing about some fairytale hierarchy on the internet.

Besides, I wasn't busting your plums in the first place, so please....mind your own business.

ETA: Notwithstanding the above, and in the spirit of the holidays, I'm more than willing to back out of this Mexican standoff if you do the same. Bottom line is there's no need to bitch and moan when you're given so much. I'm no fan of MF/123, but Coltrane's incessant whaaaa whaaaaa whaaaaing was just too {censored}ing much to let pass by without comment. Cheers.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by joemonkey

View Post

None of this means a thing to me. This isn't the Elks Club.

It's a message board. On the internet. The opinion in my first post is just as valid as the one in my 7,396th post. Get over yourself. You're a middle-aged man arguing about some fairytale hierarchy on the internet.

Besides, I wasn't busting your plums in the first place, so please....mind your own business.

ETA: Notwithstanding the above, and in the spirit of the holidays, I'm more than willing to back out of this Mexican standoff if you do the same. Bottom line is there's no need to bitch and moan when you're given so much. I'm no fan of MF/123, but Coltrane's incessant whaaaa whaaaaa whaaaaing was just too {censored}ing much to let pass by without comment. Cheers.

+1

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JVH

View Post

I thought these were going out early this week. I haven't seen mine and it's mid week. Anybody get their high dollar gc?

Many of the high dollar ones have gone out, but I know the code guys have been getting trouble from the system for a few of the amount brackets. Those should be resolved early next week (most likely Monday). Sorry again for the delays.

Quote Originally Posted by 98 les paul

View Post

Did you guys notice that is says it has to be used by 12/22/12?

It's an error, they are valid until 1/31/13. I'm not sure if you got yours today, if so let me know. It was supposed to be fixed after the first batch went out.

Quote Originally Posted by esphil

View Post

Any idea if I can pricematch a guitar at MF and then use my gift card? It says can't be combined with other deals so I'm thinking it may not qualify?

Quote Originally Posted by TeleFromHelly

View Post

The real question is, can you pricematch, use the giftcard you have, and still get a new giftcard for the pricematch

Absolutely to both, they're same as cash in everything except coding. The exceptions are they can't be used to buy actual certificates to get around the expiration date, and can't be redeemed for cash.

View Post

I'm glad to hear it was better than your usual experience, and sorry it took longer than you wanted. This is still a bit of a learning experience for our guys; they're not used to being able to stack all these codes on an order.

Quote Originally Posted by aporcelainsky

View Post

well got one of my price-match codes today.. big surprise.. nothing even close to what it is supposed to be. looks like I'll be on the phone with someone tonight trying to sort this mess out.

Quote Originally Posted by aporcelainsky

View Post

I ordered on the 24th and still haven't gotten mine.. so.. YMMV. I put in an email to chris but haven't heard back yet. not sure if he's off tonight or what.

Sorry for the delay, my morning guys got it but wanted to have me take a look. I responded a few minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JVH

View Post

First agent(woman) was rude about not taking the certificates. Second agent(man) took certificates no problem without any complaint. I'm sure he was looking at his screen going holy crap! Really glad musicians friend honored the policy on these certificates. Amazing how polite musicians friend is compared to the other affiliate companies.

Did you catch a name on the woman you spoke with? Being rude is unacceptable and I'd like to follow up.

Quote Originally Posted by esphil

View Post

Do you guys know if MF sells ipad minis? I see they sell ipads but I was wondering about the minis.

We do not, and I don't see anything built in the system for carrying it in the future. If you'd like me to double check with Merchandising, shoot me an email at forums@musiciansfriend.com. Sorry for any inconvenience.

View Post

I am not a Harvard MBA, but I am thinking this 150% price matching isn't a sound business practise that is going to pad MF's bottom line???

I read the article on the level of debt that MF's parent company is in......I cannot see things continuing much further.

We actually are contributing to it's "death by 1000 cuts". Are we suppose to be feeling remorseful?

It's a holiday promotional offer, the last I heard is we will be returning to the 110% Price Match Guarantee after Christmas, possibly New Years. I believe the same plan is in place for Music123 and the 123% Price Match Guarantee.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

I'll take it... I'm trying to buy up all the surplus instruments at Musicians Friend. Hmm dreaming of a Martin acoustic, but there doesn't seem to be any deals on them. Anyways, thanks to Chris for all his efforts and updates on these gift certs. He has stuck by us forumites(emphasis on mites)! Anyways, everbody enjoy your new geetars!!!

Archived