Has anyone received their MF 150% gift certificates yet? Any problems using them?

eeddings

• Members

I got a 30 and a 50 last week. Baker did say that the higher denominations will start going out this week. I spent a $30 today on the SDOTD. The rep said they would be combinable (I find that word more palatable than stackable, at least in this situation). Every rep I've spoken to said they can be combined on a single item. I remain optimistic about this whole deal. I hope it works out for everyone.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion1

View Post

So bottom line is if I get a price match on an item, I can then use say my $250 GC, a $100 gc and another $50 gc to pay for it? Will I be able to do all this online? I honestly hate calling in my order, as most of the reps seem clueless and I have no patience for idiots. For example, last week I called in for the price match on the Gibson 70s Tribute SG silverburst. The guy sounded stoned out of his mind. He couldn't find the item until I told him specifically how to search for it. Then I told him I already had the price match for $478.64 but I accidentally deleted it in my spam folder as it was sent there for whatever reason. He then had to pretend like I was a first time caller when I already had the price match, so he put me on hold for 5 minutes to get manager's approval. Again, I already had this approved via email from Kevin Couch. I told him the incident # or price match inquiry # and I assumed he could look it up as I have had a rep do this before. Well he gets back and says it is approved like he was doing me a favor. Then when giving my credit card info he asked several times which makes me a little leery. Seemed like every time I would repeat the number he would say it incorrectly. Then when that was all cleared up, he screws up my shipping information and that took another 5 minutes. When I asked him to repeat back to me the information it was STILL wrong.... Finally after 20 something minutes the order was complete, This is precisely the point of wasting time on the phone with a clueless sales rep, when I'd rather make a few clicks online in under a minute to place my order.

Unfortunately, since the website is designed to not allow multiple codes, if you're going to use more than one on an order it will need to be placed over the phone.

I'd love to take a look at your order and see who it was that placed it. Although we don't want our guys sounding up tight, sounding stoned is not acceptable. Neither are the problems he gave you when you called in. He should have been able to look up the email with the incident number, everyone should have access to check those. In general, it sounds like this agent needs a lot more training to get him to where we need him to be.

View Post

Sorry, I am not buying this. I currently have a PM request for the Akai Distortion pedal from M123 and STILL nothing from over 24 hours ago. If I really want it, I will have to deal with the BS on the phone and get MF to price match it. It's pretty bad to just go without a product just for the sake of dreading the time on the phone with an incompetant representative.

Quote Originally Posted by aporcelainsky

View Post

FWIW I've made a couple calls to MF in the past 3 weeks and all my reps have been pretty good. I'm pretty sure they have to check with a manager whenever a price-match reaches a certain level of discount - they just don't have the authority to do it on the spot like that. I actually placed an order for the 2 Akai pedals over the phone on Thursday and I had no issues whatsoever.

Price-matching online is still terrible.. I've gotten rejected every single time. Once I emailed them back detailing what their policy says then maybe the chance of getting a PM increased a couple percentage points, but it's still pretty hopeless. I think the bottom line is if you want a reasonably painless deal you have to talk to humans on the phone and just be patient with them.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead99

View Post

The online price matches have been very sloppy for along time,They rarely respond to a question until the run out of stock and get things screwed up on a regular basis.

I have a couple that went through the past week without a hitch which is odd or just luck.

When calling about online match the custom quote number seems to give them alot of trouble.

Maybe Chris will get things working I guess time will tell folks.

View Post

unfortunately you are correct. I realize the only way to get a price match is to call it in. Wish the online thing worked so as to avoid the mindless and meaningless chit chat they want to waste more of your time with and then the hard sell on the warranty and other strings, accessories or amps while they have you on the phone. The saving grace of the internet is to completely avoid that BS, which I've been doing mostly since 1997.

Sorry, email me and I'll happily take a look at any email requests that you feel were incorrectly denied, or have sat without a response. Although we are making great strides on improving this (I had an hour long meeting today with our contact center VP, Directors, Managers and Supervisors regarding these problems and how it can't continue), we also are in our busiest time of the year, so it may take us longer to reply to your email.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead99

View Post

So did they change the limit again? At 1st there was no limit then there was $100,I ordered a guitar last night and was told I was getting the full 50% which was 170.

The $100 limit has been in place on any orders placed 11/24/2012 or later. Email me, I'd like to get with whoever placed your order to make sure they know.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

forums@musiciansfriend.com

• Members

Glad I bought my Gibson Flying V from Music123

Yep I know Music123 and MF are the same company

But MF said that they Can only match the price from samash for the $799,and

give me at least $200 in Gift cards(yeaaaa right at least $200 worth}Glad I passed

and went with Music123 and got my price of $707 with their Price match and their 123% discount.................JT

• Members

Got my $250 GC too, but like I mentioned I want to be able to use the $250, and two separate $100 GCs and the $15 GC and whatever GC I will recieve (CS agent told me $100 GC) for the Akai pedal all one one item. chbaker said this is possible, but now I will have to call it in, and there goes another 30 minutes of my time having to read off those codes and dollars to doughnuts, they will have to get a supervisor's approval for using them all.

As was said already, why didn't they fix the 12/22/12 date of expiration? I know chbaker said 1/31/13 but it would be great to see it in print.

• Members

View Post

Got my $250 GC too, but like I mentioned I want to be able to use the $250, and two separate $100 GCs and the $15 GC and whatever GC I will recieve (CS agent told me $100 GC) for the Akai pedal all one one item. chbaker said this is possible, but now I will have to call it in, and there goes another 30 minutes of my time having to read off those codes and dollars to doughnuts, they will have to get a supervisor's approval for using them all.

As was said already, why didn't they fix the 12/22/12 date of expiration? I know chbaker said 1/31/13 but it would be great to see it in print.

Are you {censored}ting me?! How much more of a whiny baby can you be?! They gave you all these gift certificates and matched a blowout price so you'll probably be able to walk away with a whole other guitar GRA-{censored}ing-TIS, and you're crying about having to get on the phone?!

Change your {censored}ing avatar immediately. You have no right to leech off of Coltrane's immense coolness.

• Members

Are you kidding me? If a company has a policy, stick to it, period. Nothing more than that. I have more important things to be doing with my time than pissing it away with an incompetant customer service agent for 30 minutes, when I could do the same thing online in a couple of minutes, but they purposely make you have to call it in? That to me is f'ed up no matter how you slice it.

I've had this avatar since 2000 dude, well before you were even on here. How about a little respect douchbag?

Quote Originally Posted by joemonkey

View Post

Are you {censored}ting me?! How much more of a whiny baby can you be?! They gave you all these gift certificates and matched a blowout price so you'll probably be able to walk away with a whole other guitar GRA-{censored}ing-TIS, and you're crying about having to get on the phone?!

Change your {censored}ing avatar immediately. You have no right to leech off of Coltrane's immense coolness.

• Members

chbaker said it can be used, I asked that question specifically earlier in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by esphil

View Post

Any idea if I can pricematch a guitar at MF and then use my gift card? It says can't be combined with other deals so I'm thinking it may not qualify?

• Members

View Post

I've had this avatar since 2000 dude, well before you were even on here. How about a little respect douchbag?

Lol. Does HC run on the caste system now? Are you infallible because you've been grandfathered in somehow? How long do I have to be here before I can tell you to blow me?

Here's your new avatar, junior. You'll have to re-size it, but you might be able to figure that out without having to call someone.

crybaby.jpg

• Members

I just got my three biggest GCs. And it looks like they actually rounded up the $5. As for the 131 date being in writing. Baker has put it in writing right here in this thread. As for Fusion1 not liking to call. We get it already. It's been covered and covered again, and again. At this point it is horse.gif

• Members

View Post

Any idea if I can pricematch a guitar at MF and then use my gift card? It says can't be combined with other deals so I'm thinking it may not qualify?

The real question is, can you pricematch, use the giftcard you have, and still get a new giftcard for the pricematch

• Members

View Post

A gift card that's same as cash means you can use it in conjunction with a price match or any other deal...so absolutely.

• Members

Scored a Schecter Damien Elite 8 for $379 price matched from Amazon. Was able to use my 2 GCs of $250 and $15. Not too bad at ONLY 16 minutes to complete the deal. Will qualify for a $100 gc. This was much easier than other times. Still could do without the chit chat about what bands I am in and what I am using the guitar for or who it is for, and then the hard sell for the gold coverage and then the accessories, but I guess that's the BS necessary to get the deals by calling it in.

• Members

View Post

Scored a Schecter Damien Elite 8 for $379 price matched from Amazon. Was able to use my 2 GCs of $250 and $15. Not too bad at ONLY 16 minutes to complete the deal. Will qualify for a $100 gc. This was much easier than other times. Still could do without the chit chat about what bands I am in and what I am using the guitar for or who it is for, and then the hard sell for the gold coverage and then the accessories, but I guess that's the BS necessary to get the deals by calling it in.

All is well that ends well. That's great news on the pricematch and the Gift Cert on the back end. Congrats on the new free Schecter!

Archived