Has anyone received their MF 150% gift certificates yet? Any problems using them?

eeddings

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by eeddings

View Post

I'm really happy with the disclaimers (or lack thereof) but the use by 12/22/2012 is not exactly what they advertised.

Also, sounds like you must call to use:

"It's good on nearly everything we sell, but to redeem you'll need to call 866.926.1922 and order by phone."

"not valid with other offers or coupons" means not the same as cash lol...I thought they would be stackable? And it's funny how the link you provided shows them as being good until 1/31...wtf???

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl

View Post

"not valid with other offers or coupons" means not the same as cash lol...I thought they would be stackable? And it's funny how the link you provided shows them as being good until 1/31...wtf???

We were told they'd be stackable, usable on sale items, and could be combined with other coupons by a MF rep in the November deals thread. I hope once we call to use them we'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Members

View Post

We were told they'd be stackable, usable on sale items, and could be combined with other coupons by a MF rep in the November deals thread. I hope once we call to use them we'll be pleasantly surprised.

The thing is, some people made purchases based entirely on the deal offered by Musiciansfriend...and now, after making promises and assurances, they're apparently changing the rules of the game. I'd basically finished my shopping by the time these were offered, so I'm not among you, but I'd imagine some people made purchases they couldn't really afford or would've put off, based solely on the "offer you can't refuse" nature of this deal.

• Members

View Post

The thing is, some people made purchases based entirely on the deal offered by Musiciansfriend...and now, after making promises and assurances, they're apparently changing the rules of the game. I'd basically finished my shopping by the time these were offered, so I'm not among you, but I'd imagine some people made purchases they couldn't really afford or would've put off, based solely on the "offer you can't refuse" nature of this deal.

• Members

You guys are lucky to at least receive the gift certificates - - last year I ordered a Vox AC4TV mini from Musicians Friend and they claimed they would send me a $15 "give and get" gift certificate.

They never sent the certificate

Vox AC4TVmini 4W Tube Guitar Combo Amp

Sku #430827000000000 $129.99 Free shipping and a $15 rebate via a $15 "Give and Get" gift card sent to you in a couple weeks = total $114.99

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...30827000000000

Give and Get details:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pages...ads-giveandget

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl

View Post

The thing is, some people made purchases based entirely on the deal offered by Musiciansfriend...and now, after making promises and assurances, they're apparently changing the rules of the game.

Every single person who played this game over the last few weeks is still within the return timeframe. Simple solution: call them up and make them pay for the returns. The deluge of returns on their dime should get Chris Baker sweating and typing in no time.

• Members

This is a boat load of crap.

I just got me E-certs AND they expire the 22nd of December NOT the 31st of January as outlined in the guarantee.

Also here is a lovely disclaimer.

*Not redeemable for cash. Good for one-time use only. Redeemable by phone at 866.926.1922. Not valid with other offers or coupons, for purchase of gift certificates, warranties, or credit to past purchases.

• Members

Since this is turning into a MF {censored}fest, I'll mention that they seem to be in the process of screwing me on the purchase of a used item.

They've done this to me before- I get a coupon that works on used items, I buy a used item, then they cancel my order saying it's "out of stock". The used item then magically reappears after the coupon expires. Should they pull this stunt again, I'll be sure to start my own MF spleen-venting thread.

I'll be happy to come back and eat crow if I'm wrong, though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by JVH

View Post

My ecert is $95. It's supposed to be $500. Whats up with that? I ordered before the cut off.

Wow, not even $100? You sure this isn't for a PM on a different item? (I know, but had to ask.)

I was actually anticipating these types of posts to begin.

• Members

Did anyone get one for over the $100 cap from an early purchase? I got a $25 one for an order I placed after the one that would have got me $150.

So does not valid with other offers mean no sale items or free shipping or price matches?

This is not what I was told when I made a few extra purchases.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Beyer160

View Post

Since this is turning into a MF {censored}fest, I'll mention that they seem to be in the process of screwing me on the purchase of a used item.

They've done this to me before- I get a coupon that works on used items, I buy a used item, then they cancel my order saying it's "out of stock". The used item then magically reappears after the coupon expires. Should they pull this stunt again, I'll be sure to start my own MF spleen-venting thread.

I got a sick deal on a PM from M123 over a year ago on a $1200. I bought it for $480. I got it and the footswitch wouldn't work. I called in and they said to return the whole amp and they would replace the whole thing. I see they have no stock on their website for particular amp and ask them if they are getting more. They say "yes, send it back and we'll send you a new one". I send it back. They then say they aren't getting anymore and I ask them to ship the one with the defective footswitch back. They decline saying they don't have it. THen all of a sudden a "restock" shows up on their website.

That is why I completely abuse their pricematch policy. I only buy stuff from them that is cheaper than buying used. They make shady deals all the time. I've said this before but if you don't want to honor your "guarantee", don't make a "guarantee".

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by lespaulist

View Post

For those that have received the certificates, when did you place your orders? I haven't received any thing yet. Thanks.

I imagine it goes by date shipped -- 11/23 and 11/25 were the shipping dates for the two I received.

I have not yet received one for the other order I placed on 11/25. Oh wait, I know why. I had to return it for a replacement; it was horribly damaged... facepalm.gif

• Members

anybody email baker about this yet? the only reason I haven't is because I haven't yet received my codes for anything I ordered (first order was 11/24, second was last night). when I do, and if they are f'ed, then I will absolutely be happy to raise hell. I certainly do not plan on keeping anything I purchased if they can't honor their promises.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by joemonkey

View Post

Every single person who played this game over the last few weeks is still within the return timeframe. Simple solution: call them up and make them pay for the returns. The deluge of returns on their dime should get Chris Baker sweating and typing in no time.

Maybe that's what they were hoping? Really though Chris has been pretty good about this if you have read all of his posts about it,I think he will honor the complaints.after all they did change the qualifications/rules as we know in midstream.Hell I was just told last night that they could be used for one of those warranty's they sell after buying a Amp but it says in fine print no in the email.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by aporcelainsky

View Post

anybody email baker about this yet? the only reason I haven't is because I haven't yet received my codes for anything I ordered (first order was 11/24, second was last night). when I do, and if they are f'ed, then I will absolutely be happy to raise hell. I certainly do not plan on keeping anything I purchased if they can't honor their promises.

forums@musiciansfriend.com

• Members

Got mine and it's for 5 more than I was promised. I want to order a pickup, but I could get one of those akai pedals for free basically and another gift card worth a little more. I'd just have to wait to get my pickup a little longer

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead99

View Post

Maybe that's what they were hoping? Really though Chris has been pretty good about this if you have read all of his posts about it,I think he will honor the complaints.after all they did change the qualifications/rules as we know in midstream.Hell I was just told last night that they could be used for one of those warranty's they sell after buying a Amp but it says in fine print no in the email.

I agree that he has been responsive and helpful. The problem is the way it is being handled in the first place. Chris shouldn't need to go on a message board and continually clarify things. THere should have been no change to the incentive midstream. They didn't think this through up front and are now dealing with a {censored} storm on the back end. My guess is Sam Ash was stealing a heap load of potential business for them with those Gibson closeout deals and they wanted an opportunity to try and capitalize on that and it backfired a bit.

I for the life of me can't believe M123 brought back the 123% pricematch thing after what ensued last time around.

Archived