Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tremonti was the main album I dug.

Comment

I'm suddenly realizing how little I paid attention to music this year.

Even so I friggin LOVED the new Van Halen record. It got the most play of anything I've listened to in a LONG time.

Comment

I'm suddenly realizing how little I paid attention to music this year.

Even so I friggin LOVED the new Van Halen record. It got the most play of anything I've listened to in a LONG time.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Special J
          View Post

All in all, I think it was a really good year for new music. I actually had a tough time of narrowing down a best-of list this year, and there are still a bunch of releases that I haven't even had a chance to purchase/listen to.

What were your favorite albums of 2012?

My top 12 of '12:

4. The Whigs - Enjoy The Company

5. Baroness - Yellow and Green

6. The Shins - Port of Morrow

8. Muse - The 2nd Law

9. Dinosaur Jr. - I Bet On Sky

10. Two Gallants - The Bloom and the Blight

The artists left in your quote are the only ones I've heard of.

My favorites this year:

The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten

Arliss Nancy - Simple Machines

The Bouncing Souls - Comet

The Jealous Sound - A Gentle Reminder

That's all I can think of off hand for 2012. I've been waxing nostalgic for the '90s more than enjoying new music this past year. That's kind of strange, because I didn't care all that much for it when it was released.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2">Since Dylan went electric, man things just ain't been the same; now DJs are making records, could you please just be ashamed? -- <b>Two Cow Garage</b></font><br />
          <br />
          Yes, I can actually play: <a href="http://www.facebook.com/falstaff.music?sk=app_155326481208883" target="_blank">Falstaff</a></div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Special J
            View Post

All in all, I think it was a really good year for new music. I actually had a tough time of narrowing down a best-of list this year, and there are still a bunch of releases that I haven't even had a chance to purchase/listen to.

What were your favorite albums of 2012?

My top 12 of '12:

4. The Whigs - Enjoy The Company

5. Baroness - Yellow and Green

6. The Shins - Port of Morrow

8. Muse - The 2nd Law

9. Dinosaur Jr. - I Bet On Sky

10. Two Gallants - The Bloom and the Blight

My favorites this year:

That's all I can think of off hand for 2012. I've been waxing nostalgic for the '90s more than enjoying new music this past year. That's kind of strange, because I didn't care all that much for it when it was released.
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2">Since Dylan went electric, man things just ain't been the same; now DJs are making records, could you please just be ashamed? -- <b>Two Cow Garage</b></font><br />
            <br />
            Yes, I can actually play: <a href="http://www.facebook.com/falstaff.music?sk=app_155326481208883" target="_blank">Falstaff</a></div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbeat Son
              View Post

My favorites this year:

That was me last year. I was going back and listening back to a lot of the bands I ignored in the 90's/early 00's. Gotta say that the new Wallflowers, Soundgarden, and Dinosaur Jr. are all great albums from "90's" bands this year. I haven't checked out the Green Day albums yet.

I'm surprised you've heard of Two Gallants. They've been around a little while now, but they're pretty obscure. They played here last week in a small all-ages club. I definitely recommend checking out Japandroids. Great, straight up rock songs.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbeat Son
                View Post

My favorites this year:

That was me last year. I was going back and listening back to a lot of the bands I ignored in the 90's/early 00's. Gotta say that the new Wallflowers, Soundgarden, and Dinosaur Jr. are all great albums from "90's" bands this year. I haven't checked out the Green Day albums yet.

I'm surprised you've heard of Two Gallants. They've been around a little while now, but they're pretty obscure. They played here last week in a small all-ages club. I definitely recommend checking out Japandroids. Great, straight up rock songs.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by cbh5150
                  View Post

My avatar is a hint...

What Rush album is that?
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">SPAM:<br />
                  <br />
                  <br />
                  Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs &amp; pricing<br />
                  <br />
                  Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic</div>

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by cbh5150
                    View Post

My avatar is a hint...

What Rush album is that?
                    <br />
                    <br />
                    Custom Wired Strat Pickguard Assemblies - PM me to discuss specs &amp; pricing<br />
                    <br />
                    Good Trades: PunkKitty, mfergel, Norcal_GIT_r, Chuck1016, Elias Graves, hrcnsfan, ugameus, RosePickups, jelloman, Hookandcanman, Danocoustic</div>

Comment

Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day
                      <br />
                      <br />
                      <br />

Comment

Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day
                        <br />
                        <br />
                        <br />

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by vintage clubber
                          View Post

What Rush album is that?

The "Headlong Flight" single cover from Clockwork Angels.
                          This used to be a great place. Thanks, GCI, for killing it.<br><br>See y'all at Wein's.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by vintage clubber
                            View Post

What Rush album is that?

The "Headlong Flight" single cover from Clockwork Angels.
                            This used to be a great place. Thanks, GCI, for killing it.<br><br>See y'all at Wein's.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by soundcreation
                              View Post

Almost forgot that came out this year, and yes, a much better album than I expected - there are some killer tracks there

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by soundcreation
                                View Post

Almost forgot that came out this year, and yes, a much better album than I expected - there are some killer tracks there

Comment

Working...
                                X