SOT: Favorite Albums of 2012?

Special J

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Special J View Post
That was me last year. I was going back and listening back to a lot of the bands I ignored in the 90's/early 00's. Gotta say that the new Wallflowers, Soundgarden, and Dinosaur Jr. are all great albums from "90's" bands this year. I haven't checked out the Green Day albums yet.

I'm surprised you've heard of Two Gallants. They've been around a little while now, but they're pretty obscure. They played here last week in a small all-ages club. I definitely recommend checking out Japandroids. Great, straight up rock songs.
Cool, thanks for the tips! If you dig The Wallflowers, you may like Arliss Nancy. I've heard them referred to as a "punk rock Wallflowers" and it kind of fits -- in a good way.

As for Two Gallants, maybe I haven't heard of them but the name just sounds somewhat familiar. Not sure why... Also, one of my favorite artists, Dave Hause recommends Japandroids as well for a 2012 pick, so I'll have to check them out. I think I'll have to take a trip to the record store today.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by valued customer

View Post

Db's: Falling Off The Sky

That record's probably my favorite of the year and the biggest surprise. The title song is one of the best things I've heard in a long time. Best comeback of the year (of the last 5 years)...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by valued customer

View Post

Db's: Falling Off The Sky

That record's probably my favorite of the year and the biggest surprise. The title song is one of the best things I've heard in a long time. Best comeback of the year (of the last 5 years)...

• Members

For me, no question:

51xc7xLvvML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Eddie's guitar work on this album is some of his best. His style went back to the aggressive rhythm that nearly stopped when Hagar joined the band. It's great to see him back and better than ever.

• Members

For me, no question:

51xc7xLvvML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Eddie's guitar work on this album is some of his best. His style went back to the aggressive rhythm that nearly stopped when Hagar joined the band. It's great to see him back and better than ever.

Archived