• Show
Clear All

Rush - Clockwork Angels

Deftones - Koi No Yokan

Meshuggah - Koloss

Muse - The 2nd Law

Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day
    Originally Posted by csm

The first, and most frequently violated rule of punk is: THERE ARE NO RULES.

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." — David Gilmour

Fender :: Gibson :: Epiphone :: Ibanez :: Yamaha
    Blackstar :: Orange :: Vox

Comment

Rush - Clockwork Angels

Deftones - Koi No Yokan

Meshuggah - Koloss

Muse - The 2nd Law

Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day
      Originally Posted by csm

The first, and most frequently violated rule of punk is: THERE ARE NO RULES.

"You know, once you've had that guitar up so loud on the stage, where you can lean back and volume will stop you from falling backward, that's a hard drug to kick." — David Gilmour

Fender :: Gibson :: Epiphone :: Ibanez :: Yamaha
      Blackstar :: Orange :: Vox

Comment

My favorite album of the year is Steve Vai's "The Story of Light." Loved it on first listen, still love it.

Joe Bonamassa's "Live at the Beacon" is amazing and on the list, but while I'm a huge fan of his, I didn't really care for his last studio album, Driving Towards The Daylight. There's one really outstanding track ("Heavenly Soul") but the rest of the album didn't do it for me.

Rush's "Clockwork Angels"

Joe Walsh's "Analog Man"

I bought a ton of CDs this year, probably more than I've even bought in any single year, but the vast majority was used. I was going to a permanent flea market every weekend with my kid after his gym class, and I'd browse the used CD & vinyl dealers. Found some really great stuff fairly cheap.
        Multiple award winning blues/rock/country at http://www.zeyerband.com or http://www.reverbnation.com/zeyer.Check my solo (instrumental rock) projects at: http://www.reverbnation.com/vincedickinson"Music is like the English language - it's just full of rules that need to be broken or you aren't hip.""It doesn't take talent to upgrade your playing. It takes patience" - Kenny Werner

Comment

My favorite album of the year is Steve Vai's "The Story of Light." Loved it on first listen, still love it.

Joe Bonamassa's "Live at the Beacon" is amazing and on the list, but while I'm a huge fan of his, I didn't really care for his last studio album, Driving Towards The Daylight. There's one really outstanding track ("Heavenly Soul") but the rest of the album didn't do it for me.

Rush's "Clockwork Angels"

Joe Walsh's "Analog Man"

I bought a ton of CDs this year, probably more than I've even bought in any single year, but the vast majority was used. I was going to a permanent flea market every weekend with my kid after his gym class, and I'd browse the used CD & vinyl dealers. Found some really great stuff fairly cheap.
          Multiple award winning blues/rock/country at http://www.zeyerband.com or http://www.reverbnation.com/zeyer.Check my solo (instrumental rock) projects at: http://www.reverbnation.com/vincedickinson"Music is like the English language - it's just full of rules that need to be broken or you aren't hip.""It doesn't take talent to upgrade your playing. It takes patience" - Kenny Werner

Comment

Rush - Clockwork Angels

Jack White - Blunderbuss

The Avett Brothers - The Carpenter
            Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Comment

Rush - Clockwork Angels

Jack White - Blunderbuss

The Avett Brothers - The Carpenter

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Comment

Jack White

Soundgarden
                No sig.

Comment

Jack White

Soundgarden
                  No sig.

Comment

Brave New Surf

♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
                    Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

Brave New Surf

♪ Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll

I Surf therefore I am.
                      Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Originally Posted by Mike Eldred, Fender Custom Shop

The discussion about nitro (and many things on forums like these) is largely based on folklore, innuendo, and assumption that it "sounds better". Poppycock.

Comment

Porcupine Tree's Octane Twisted came out this year, and it's good. Honestly, I wasn't impressed by many albums this year, but I also was broke this year and couldn't buy many. I borrowed a few, but they were only ok.
                        Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Porcupine Tree's Octane Twisted came out this year, and it's good. Honestly, I wasn't impressed by many albums this year, but I also was broke this year and couldn't buy many. I borrowed a few, but they were only ok.
                          Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

You know what I love about these threads? New music to dig. Brave New Surf!

Comment

You know what I love about these threads? New music to dig. Brave New Surf!

Comment

Tremonti was the main album I dug.

Comment

Working...
                                X