X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Moly - Suhr Standard Spalt Maple

Man, I'd love to own this guitar. This custom Standard features: a Spalt Maple, 2-Piece, 3/16

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Disclaimer: My threads and posts are created to allow forum members to discuss interesting subject matter. </font><br />
    <br />
    <font size="1">I reserve the right to change my decisions at anytime.</font></div>

thats gorgeous, the thing about spalted maple too, is that every piece of spalted maple is unique, which makes each guitar look different. spalted and flamed is gorgeous =)

Comment

• slvrsrpnt
      slvrsrpnt commented
      Editing a comment

pretty guitar and sweeet looking neck!

I don't recall seeing a sunburst over spalted maple. I think I like it!
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

Hate to say it, but I think that looks meh.  They've all but covered and obscured the spalt, and I don't think the pau ferro neck looks particularly good combined with the body finish.  It may play great, but it doesn't make me tingle.

Comment

• billybilly
        billybilly commented
        Editing a comment

PurpleTrails wrote:

Hate to say it, but I think that looks meh.  They've all but covered and obscured the spalt, and I don't think the pau ferro neck looks particularly good combined with the body finish.  It may play great, but it doesn't make me tingle.

The Pau Ferro would work if they left it natural and lost the pickguard.  It's a fail.

• Ratae Corieltauvorum
        Editing a comment

PurpleTrails wrote:

+1

Ugly as fukc.

"You´╗┐ people keep on raining. I'll still be the parade." - Diamond Dave.

TO HEAR MY COUNTRY BAND: ADRIAN RAY, click THIS or this

Official endorsee of:Breedlove Guitars

http://www.ghsstrings.com

http://www.rocktron.com

http://www.monsterenergy.com/

Myspace.com-Dave Aronow

Comment

Meh. A great piece of wood like that deserves better than a strat copy, no matter how well made it is.

Comment

The body wood does look nice with the burst.  The rest is all just wrong though.  The neck doesn't suit the body and, as others have said, covering up with so much pickguard looks wrong too. 

Designed by someone with no sense of style.

http://www.surrealisticpenguin.com

Comment

• *BLEEP*
            *BLEEP* commented
            Editing a comment

this is way better and it cost only hundred seventy nine dollar at geetar ceentar

^^^^^^^
          That is about as ugly as a strat gets.
          Don't pick a fight with an old man,
          If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

'' Who, me Officer?''

Comment

• Visconti
            Visconti commented
            Editing a comment

knotty wrote:
            ^^^^^^^
            That is about as ugly as a strat gets.

Whatever you say granny.

I love it (the original Suhr pic). Would love it more if it hard a hardtail bridge

Comment

• Visconti
            Visconti commented
            Editing a comment

danswon wrote:

I love it (the original Suhr pic). Would love it more if it hard a hardtail bridge

What's cool about Suhr is they don't build a bunch of guitars to hang on a wall in a cold guitar store.

You contact Suhr and custom order the guitar with all of your specs and it will be less expensive and better quality than Fender.

If you don't like quality built guitars that's your problem.

suhr.jpg

Attached Files
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Disclaimer: My threads and posts are created to allow forum members to discuss interesting subject matter. </font><br />
          <br />
          <font size="1">I reserve the right to change my decisions at anytime.</font></div>

Comment

• billybilly
            billybilly commented
            Editing a comment

Visconti wrote:

If you don't like quality built guitars that's your problem.

Viscont, Visconti, quality and bling don't have to be two of the same.  A lot of people don't like bling and bling doesn't equate to quality.  For example, I find Suhr's gaudy but I know they are made well.

^^^^^
          Nice copy.
          Don't pick a fight with an old man,
          If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

'' Who, me Officer?''

Comment

• billybilly
            billybilly commented
            Editing a comment

knotty wrote:
            ^^^^^
            Nice copy.

Agreed.  And it is that, not your typical Suhr, not that Visconti would get that.

• Visconti
            Visconti commented
            Editing a comment

knotty wrote:
            ^^^^^
            Nice copy.

For the price Suhr's are better than what Fender can build.

I forgot. You're a badge guy. Nothing but a Fender and Ford truck.

If you weren't such amateurs, then you would know that quality and tone only come from combining 100 gaudy finish options on a plank of centuries-old wood shaped like someone else's intellectual property.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

• Visconti
            Visconti commented
            Editing a comment

kayd_mon wrote:
            If you weren't such amateurs, then you would know that quality and tone only come from combining 100 gaudy finish options on a plank of centuries-old wood shaped like someone else's intellectual property.

If you can't afford a Suhr you'll just have to get the Made in Mexico Strat.

All hail the banhammer!

Comment

To return to the OP 

Visconti wrote:

Man, I'd love to own this guitar. This custom Standard features: a Spalt Maple, 2-Piece, 3/16

Comment

Working...
            X