Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isis + Deftones??

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/04/deftones-chino-moreno-ex-isis-members-form-palms/

not sure what to think of this. i once really dug the deftones and isis. both of them got pretty boring late in their careers. definitely curious to hear what this sounds like but i have to admit, i'm pessimistic.
    Dead Soldiers

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2902831-Oh-my!!!!
    Decolonize

Comment

boring? That last Deftones album was one of their absolute best to my ears.

Comment

Agreed, it was amazing.
        Spam:Selling:Nothing.WTB:Catalinbread Merkin FuzzGibson Maestro FZ-1 or amazing clone

Comment

"15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

there's a ****************load of people that swear by the last few isis albums too. IMHO there was nothing outstanding about anything past celestial and for the deftones white pony.
            Dead Soldiers

Comment

i liked everything from Celestial to In the Absence of Truth really. i'm one of the few who like ItAoT, but i think most of the tracks are really well written on it and the melodic sense is amazing too, especially in the stuff like Garden of Light.

last album sucked though.

i can't stand Deftones though. hate that band.
              "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

**************** yes, can't wait to hear it. Chino + Isis' rhythm section = has to be good.
                Originally Posted by knobs.

what i really want to do is legally **************** his ass, i know it'll probably be a pretty long procedure but it's going to be worth it.

Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

Pardon my french, but whomever it was who started this and thought it would be "funny" is an ****************************.

My band: Nine Worlds

Spam: Nada
                Trade References

Comment

Agreed, it was amazing.

Yes this... I couldn't listen to anything pre White Pony without conjuring images of Fred Durst, Stained and Papa Roach.
                  The Black Dove Experiment
                  EP Available on iTunes, Amazon and Spotify

Comment

What ever happened to Chi Cheng?
                    OK, I'm insane - but I'm still sane enough to know it.

Good deals with awdwon, captions87, sonicarchitect, boytbpc, Firebrand, psyphr, itkindaworks, etawful, bmoncbus, Daryl Chaney, vintage-freak, Claytonjohn and a few others that I can't be bothered to remember.

Comment

I believe he's conscious as of a few months ago but i doubt he'll ever recover at this stage.
                      Originally Posted by telephant

Tone is really half the argument. We both know ultimately it means nothing. Write a song. Write. A ****************ing. Song.

UK based band;
                      http://www.captainhorizon.co.uk

Comment

Not fully recovered from that car accident.
                        FS/FT:

Blackout Effectors Mantra - Black. $140 shipped to the lower 48.

Good dealings with: Conky, Barney Steele, Orbis Mortis, LWatford-2, Blakemore Effects, Aaron SS, Juri, High Gain, FoxMan, IRG, Orange Worker, Panther King, BHz_econo, 9520575, Hangwire, Doug Deeper, SH333, Dylanwilde, frenchji, rossta1, Computicus, ToonHollow

Comment

i liked everything from Celestial to In the Absence of Truth really. i'm one of the few who like ItAoT, but i think most of the tracks are really well written on it and the melodic sense is amazing too, especially in the stuff like Garden of Light.

last album sucked though.

i can't stand Deftones though. hate that band.

Garden of light is awesome!
                          FS/FT:

Blackout Effectors Mantra - Black. $140 shipped to the lower 48.

Good dealings with: Conky, Barney Steele, Orbis Mortis, LWatford-2, Blakemore Effects, Aaron SS, Juri, High Gain, FoxMan, IRG, Orange Worker, Panther King, BHz_econo, 9520575, Hangwire, Doug Deeper, SH333, Dylanwilde, frenchji, rossta1, Computicus, ToonHollow

Comment

there's a ****************load of people that swear by the last few isis albums too. IMHO there was nothing outstanding about anything past celestial and for the deftones white pony.

wat

Panopticon is amazing. Diamond Eyes is incredible. Agreed that Absence of Truth & Wavering Radiant are a bit by the numbers but they still have some good tracks. I'm looking forward to this project.
                            my band Bloody Mammals on facebook and bandcamp

Comment

wat

Panopticon is amazing. Diamond Eyes is incredible. Agreed that Absence of Truth & Wavering Radiant are a bit by the numbers but they still have some good tracks. I'm looking forward to this project.

Dead Soldiers

Comment

Working...
                              X