Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend Me Some Amber: Scotch / Whiskey / Bourbon Content

I am in the middle of a 30 day, self imposed "cleanse". Day 31 happens to be on Nov. 24th, the night of our big SAL show in Philly at Johnny Brenda's. I wanted to get a nice bottle of booze for Joe and I to nip on in the green room / after party. I love all things amber and here are my thoughts at the moment but I am ready to be swayed by the HCFX populous.

Blantons Silver.

Glenlivet 18

Johnny Walker Blue

... I have always wanted to try JW Blue but 2 hundy for a blended seems crazy... Is it worth it? I am wanting something special and I am more then versed with the ambers from budget to baller. What say you HCFX?
    Six Acre Lake on Bandcamp

Six Acre Lake on Facebook

Jameson Gold Reserve.

Probably around $80, so not rediculous. Best Irish whiskey ever. Better than spendier ones too--like the 18 yr and Midleton varieties.
    MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Hiwatt Bob
      View Post

Jameson Gold Reserve.

Probably around $80, so not rediculous. Best Irish whiskey ever. Better than spendier ones too--like the 18 yr and Midleton varieties.

As a fellow baller and fan of opulence your opinion holds weight...

Comment

Bob is correct. High end Jameson is fantastic. That being said I also love Johnny Walker more than most.
        Love,Dustinhttp://peendubya.freeforums.org

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by six acre lake
          View Post

... I have always wanted to try JW Blue but 2 hundy for a blended seems crazy... Is it worth it? I am wanting something special and I am more then versed with the ambers from budget to baller. What say you HCFX?

A quality blended scotch can easily be worth $200, however I've never had JW Blue. For a great single malt I'd go with Lagavulin 21

Comment

george dickel
            GEAR:
            Gibson Flying V
            American Telecaster
            Line 6 M13
            Speedster Class A "40"

Originally Posted by B.Renegades

I suppose a 1 channel amp would be good if you listened to only one kind of music.

very happy with: letsgocoyote, www (x2), tomvandeven, cleverbastid, jhamnett, funbnme, gschmittling, viper jazz

Comment

Jameson is great, as is Glenlivet.

I've had black label and gold label Johnny Walker and they tasted the same, so...
              http://rosecassidy.bandcamp.com

Comment

I have a huge boner for that sherry cask aged glenmorangie.

Comment

This was the last scotch I had that blew me away.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Fender&EHX4ever
                    View Post

This was the last scotch I had that blew me away.

A very good friend of mine swears by Oban.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by six acre lake
                      View Post

A very good friend of mine swears by Oban.

I was ecstatic to see it at Costco recently. It was still $69, but that's better than the local liquor store price. I might have to splurge for the holidays.

Comment

Phil O'Keefe wrote:You can never have enough cheese, son. Write that down.gear.

Comment

I'm in full agreement with Hiwatt Bob on this one. Johnny Walker Blue is pretty tasty, but I'd rather drink Jameson's and price is not the issue. Oban is not bad, I wish I could remember what I've got in my desk drawer at work because it is pretty good.
                          Cause sometimes the rhetoric don't go with the contents

Comment

my post was worthless without a pic.

Up until recently Jameson Gold Reserve has been the elusive family member that could only be found in airport shopping outlets. Since its creation in 1996, Jameson Gold Reserve - a marvelously rich pot still character whiskey - has been the toast of whiskey critics. Such praise is rare, as indeed was the whiskey itself. Jameson Gold can now be found worldwide but is still as precious as ever.

Jameson Gold Reserve is a creative blend of three whiskeys of advanced years, one of which is uniquely matured in virgin oak barrels. It's the inspired choice of this virgin oak, coupled with the bourbon barrels and sherry casks, that account for the whiskey's satisfying complexity and honey toasted sweetness.

MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

If you like hot cinnamon and cherry (and a big hot flash to the head), go neat...

Comment

Working...
                              X