Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you compare the Voodoo Labs Giggity to?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you compare the Voodoo Labs Giggity to?

I am not sure I understand what it does.
    FS/FT:

Blackout Effectors Mantra - Black. $140 shipped to the lower 48.

Good dealings with: Conky, Barney Steele, Orbis Mortis, LWatford-2, Blakemore Effects, Aaron SS, Juri, High Gain, FoxMan, IRG, Orange Worker, Panther King, BHz_econo, 9520575, Hangwire, Doug Deeper, SH333, Dylanwilde, frenchji, rossta1, Computicus, ToonHollow

compressor i think? od comp?

Comment

It's a preamp, which you don't often see in pedal form other than in multifx. You can add gain, shape your mids/treble and shape your gain as well as volume boost/cut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptcijuMPBF8
      For Sale: hcfx chat (no users)

Comment

The Giggity Labs "Voodoo"
        Decolonize

Comment

It will give you violin tone with a TS pedal and some delay.
          WARNING: TC Electronics Pedals Are NOT REPAIRABLE. Instead of fixing my switch they wanted to charge me $72 plus shipping on a $99 pedal to replace all electronics, when only the switch was defective. This is their blanket repair policy on ALL repairs. They have no replacement switches. The switch is on the board so substituting a different switch can't work. Do not buy pedals from companies that cannot repair their own switches.

Comment

I actually played one and liked it. It is a mix of Boost, EQ, Compression and Overdrive. This thing can really change the basic sound of your amp, the feel and response, picking dynamics and gainstructure in a positive way. One of the coolest pedals I tried but certainly not the easiest to understand. Listen to the samples or watch the youtube demonstrations, I think they are spot on.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the responses. I watched some YouTube videos prior to posting and was still unclear but I think I understand now. One extra dumb question though, how does it differ from the Naga Viper? I thought the latter was a boost but so is the Giggity, right?
              FS/FT:

Good dealings with: Conky, Barney Steele, Orbis Mortis, LWatford-2, Blakemore Effects, Aaron SS, Juri, High Gain, FoxMan, IRG, Orange Worker, Panther King, BHz_econo, 9520575, Hangwire, Doug Deeper, SH333, Dylanwilde, frenchji, rossta1, Computicus, ToonHollow

Comment

the giggity is a preamp. it's a bit more than what's on the inside of your naga viper.

Comment

You could probably think of it as sort a nice boost with extensive tone controls.
                  www.shoepedals.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by V
                    View Post

You could probably think of it as sort a nice boost with extensive tone controls.

Cool cool. This works for me.
                    FS/FT:

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Urinate Forever
                      View Post

the giggity is a preamp. it's a bit more than what's on the inside of your naga viper.

When you say it's a bit more, do you mean it's similar to or just an entirely different beast?
                      FS/FT:

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by The Villano Dude
                        View Post

When you say it's a bit more, do you mean it's similar to or just an entirely different beast?

Totally different

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by the Dodo
                          View Post

Totally different

when you say totally different, do you mean like, really different? how different? the same?
                          great deals with Urinate Forever and stratedge09

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

the.Orange.congolomorate Thunderverb 50 sucka!
                          SG ARMY

Comment

So one is a preamp (giggity) and the other is closer to a simple boost (naga viper), correct?
                            FS/FT:

Comment

Well, I haven't heard any reasons to stay away from it so I might venture to check one out.
                              FS/FT:

Comment

Working...
                              X