No announcement yet.

School Me on Funky Straps.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Me on Funky Straps.

After seeing some of the funky straps pewt has on his guitars, It has been brought to my attention that I am one strap short.
    I teach Guitar through skype. I'm affordable. Check it out here. http://jesses-skype-guitar-lessons.weebly.com/

I have a few Couch straps and really like them.

Comment

Couch is cool. expensive though for something ive never seen in person...
      I teach Guitar through skype. I'm affordable. Check it out here. http://jesses-skype-guitar-lessons.weebly.com/

Comment

I am getting one of those Earl Slick Guitarfetish ones for Christmas.

Comment

Another vote for Couch.
          Whores. Facebook bandcamp

Rig Guitars Board

Duane Denison, Steve Albini, Ron Ashton, Buzz Osborne, Rowland S. Howard, Steve Turner, Jon Spencer, Chris Spencer, Kurt Ballou and Josh Homme

Originally Posted by pasteface

I want to Make a sound like on doors where It Gose PPPPPPPRRROWWWWWNNNN like a Bridg falliing Apart and When it Ecchoes

Comment

Souldier
            FS: Digitech Whammey IVOriginally Posted by cryptosonictonight, I reverse mounted the toiletOriginally Posted by OperatorWhat kind of **************************** wears a scarf indoors?

Comment

is there any EU oline shop for couch straps?
              Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by jw10
                View Post

After seeing some of the funky straps pewt has on his guitars, It has been brought to my attention that I am one strap short.

Souldier makes a lot of different designs based on the original NOS jacquard weave patterns from the old Ace strap days. Good straps!

http://www01.harmony-central.com/docs/DOC-2553

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Couch all the way.
                  Winner of nothing, BOTB Raffle 2011

@Jenesis

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe
                    View Post

Souldier makes a lot of different designs based on the original NOS jacquard weave patterns from the old Ace strap days. Good straps!

http://www01.harmony-central.com/docs/DOC-2553

Another vote for Souldier. My local Sam Ash has a pretty good selection for $20 or so. Got one last week for my Marauder.
                    Great Transactions: Vintage Clubber(2), deadllama, bnelly428, jcp42877(2), Aaron SS(2), Timmylikedthing, mikeyElite, Tone Meister, lespaulraider,solewheelin, randel_07, jhamnett, RoboPimp, twotimingpete, Last Nerve, jcm800stratman, d4rk0

Comment

Careful with HippieStrap, there have been reports of shady business practices, with people not receiving the straps.

Good deals lonk

Comment

another couch user. i have the 80s mercedes and it's my favorite strap i've ever owned.

Dead Soldiers

Comment

Ace strap designs are literally the only strap designs I like the look of. I don't know why but its just the way it is.

because of that. I've gone through a few different companies.

My Suhr has a Hippie Strap. By far the most expensive strap I've bought. I think it was like 100 bucks. I bought it when I was hungover so I wasn't making the best decision, but at the time they were the only company I knew did this style. The strap itself is quite nice the quality is great, the backing material they use is pretty stiff, but its not in any way uncomfortable. However, Hippie Straps customer service is TERRIBLE. I waited months for mine, I tried every contact method available, their emails went unanswered, their phone line was dead, finally I got a message back months later through their ebay account that their internet was down for the last two months, even though they've had tons of ebay activity since then. Terrible.

I have since when on to Lucky Straps that I have on my Destroyer and PGM301, which was the complete opposite customer service experience. Markus was a ****************in champ. his prices are better too. His straps are well made like hippie but feature a different backing material that is like leathery which I don't QUITE like as much but really its a ****************in strap.

HOWEVER,

In true Canadian form, a cute company called LEVY'S decided this year they would make a Ace style strap, that is half the price of the lucky's and in my opinion just as well made, BUT made with a far "suppler" backing material that is downright comfy. I've got one on my Guild.

http://www.levysleathers.com/product...for-2012-M8HTV

OMG PIX

SUHR - HIPPIE DESTROYER AND PGM LUCKY

My only pic of the Levy's on my guild.

Breaus, check out my youtube channel. pls.

Comment

****************in' Catalina wine mixer
                            Winner of nothing, BOTB Raffle 2011

@Jenesis

Comment

I like the Couches myself.

I have a few seatbelts and this one:

The Mustang trunk liner one.

Basically I need 4 things from a strap:

1. Doesn't slip and get longer after awhile.

2. Slick, I hate when they get traction on my shirt. I need it to slide.

3. Thin enough that I can fit Dunlop strap locks on them.

4. Looks cool. I generally like white/black/gray only. I'm a sucker for patterns like plaid, houndstooth, checkers, etc...

The trunk liner material is perfect for me. Slick, but they layer it so it stays the length you put it. I have 3 seatbelts, army green, black, and the shiny teal-bluish one. The green and blue hold fine, but the black one is a touch skinny for the slider thing and tends to gradually get longer. Annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenesis
                              View Post

****************in' Catalina wine mixer

Sometimes you follow your heart. Sometimes your heart cuts a fart. That's the cosmic shame.Charvel So Cals More Guitars Amp PedalsMy Band Site w/ Player

Comment

Working...
                              X