Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Gear Purchases - a year in review...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Gear Purchases - a year in review...

So the 2012 New Year's gear resolutions thread got me thinking.... How'd everyone do? What'd you buy? What'd you sell? What'd you keep?

For me...

What I started with:

Guitars - Benford Tele, Benford Custom Dual Cutaway, Reverend Flatroc, Larrivee OM-03re

Pedals - pretty much this, but was probably slightly different...

Amps - Gabriel Voxer V18, Marshall Class 5

Cab - Emperor 2x12

.....Aaaaaaaand fast forward to the end of the year.......

Guitars - G&L ASAT Special, Gibson Les Paul Standard, Larrivee OM-03re

Pedals - this...

Amp - Gabriel Voxer V18

Cabs - Emperor 2x12, Stagecraft 1x12

So yeah... Guitars are COMPLETELY different, but I'm much happier with 2 amazing electrics as opposed to 1 great electric and 2 decent ones. Pedalboard got downsized significantly and I'm MUCH happier because of it. I'm gonna bookmark this thread, and I'd be willing to bet that my board will look only SLIGHTLY different at this point next year (might swap the SP Comp for something else... But that's all I'd prolly change. I'm finally satisfied with everything and the controllers really simplify my live playing. The Gabriel has been with me for over 2 years now, and won't be going anywhere. I'd like to add a 2nd amp in '13, but only to compliment the Gabriel. Cabs are here to stay as well.
    Guitars. Pedals. Amps.
    deals: bradino, neatobassman, Used666, juri, echodeluxe, aporcelainsky, Crxsh, -Andrew-, notjonahbutnoah... and lotz moar

Bugger all really.

Bought a FuzzHugger ILF Lab Ratchet, FuzzHugger Algal Bloom, C-bread Tap Semaphore and a BBE Green Screamer.

Sold an Ernie Ball volume, Devi Ruby, Boss Slicer and EHX Memory Boy.
    Winner of nothing, BOTB Raffle 2011

@Jenesis

Comment

I moved a lot of gear this year, mostly out, but my rig is better than ever in my opinion.

Amps: sold Peavey 6505+, bought & traded away Mesa Express 5:50 head, sold Mesa Roadster 2x12 cab, received and traded away Marshall JCM 800 4210, received and traded Traynor YGL-1, received and kept Tungsten Crema Wheat.

Guitars: sold: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Fender American Special Telecaster, Fender Blacktop Jazzmaster, Edwards Viper. Bought and sold an old MIM Mexican Squier/Fender Tele. Bought and kept a Fender J Mascis Jazzmaster, got a mountain dulcimer as a gift that I'll be keeping

Pedals: Sold: Swollen Pickle, EQD Sea Machine, Line 6 M9, TC Flashback

Bought: Ernie Ball VP JR, Polytune, Strymon Flint, Strymon El Cap, received a free Sea Blue EQ clone, built Orange Squeezer compressor clone.

Other: bought and sold NI Maschine

Comment

Pedals: CE-2 and yesterday a Fish and Chips, both from the spam thread. Very happy with both acquisitions.

Guitar: CIJ Jazzmaster, ebayed and happy.

Sold: Nowt
        Originally Posted by Fart Murphy

Way to break the internet, dick.

Just hit refresh

Good Dealing with: ArrMatey, JDE, WAWBanks, Moqi & Astatine

Comment

bought

68 sunn 200s

72 ampeg v2

70s 1x15 loaded with an ev

74 sensurround folded horn (massive amounts of fun)

70s kustom 2x15

78 renaissance bass

62 gibson eb-0

couple pedlolz

sons of SUNN

pedlolboard
          skullytone fx living dead drive > russian spi sanford and sonny bluebeard (((in triphonic))) Red*bear mk120 > 68 sunn 200s > ampeg v2 > your earpussies

good tranny shared with Severed Pumpkin MakuseruSukotto theAntihero X2 Dr. Doom Shamdog Bobby D Noise. . . Ancient X2

Comment

you should really sell me that bass, dude.
            "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by delayed delay
              View Post

So the 2012 New Year's gear resolutions thread got me thinking.... How'd everyone do? What'd you buy? What'd you sell? What'd you keep?

For me...

What I started with:

Guitars - Benford Tele, Benford Custom Dual Cutaway, Reverend Flatroc, Larrivee OM-03re

Pedals - pretty much this, but was probably slightly different...

Amps - Gabriel Voxer V18, Marshall Class 5

Cab - Emperor 2x12

.....Aaaaaaaand fast forward to the end of the year.......

Guitars - G&L ASAT Special, Gibson Les Paul Standard, Larrivee OM-03re

Pedals - this...

Amp - Gabriel Voxer V18

Cabs - Emperor 2x12, Stagecraft 1x12

So yeah... Guitars are COMPLETELY different, but I'm much happier with 2 amazing electrics as opposed to 1 great electric and 2 decent ones. Pedalboard got downsized significantly and I'm MUCH happier because of it. I'm gonna bookmark this thread, and I'd be willing to bet that my board will look only SLIGHTLY different at this point next year (might swap the SP Comp for something else... But that's all I'd prolly change. I'm finally satisfied with everything and the controllers really simplify my live playing. The Gabriel has been with me for over 2 years now, and won't be going anywhere. I'd like to add a 2nd amp in '13, but only to compliment the Gabriel. Cabs are here to stay as well.

How are you liking that Xotic SP? What other comps have you used and what would you compare it too?
              "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues" - Elizabeth Taylor

Originally Posted by Shane Marley

Yeah, I guess I hate women...

Originally Posted by thefyn

I SO STUPID!

Comment

traded Fuzz factory for CWM and bought an M5 and an expression pedal. Added 10-band EQ to board. slow year for gear, bu the M5 sated a lot of potential pedal urges.
                great deals with Urinate Forever and stratedge09

Originally Posted by DrakkarTyrannis

Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

the.Orange.congolomorate Thunderverb 50 sucka!
                SG ARMY

Comment

I bought way too much stuff to list here in 2012...especially compared to what I sold which wasn't very much. It was a big year for guitars, pedals, amps and studio stuff. This year won't be as spendy since I had to pay for my dog's back surgery recently but I'm planning on picking up either the AxeFx2 to use as an effects processor or the much speculated and anticipated Fractal Audio M-9 killer. I'm giving them until April to deliver the goods and I'm pulling the trigger on whatever's available at the time.

For guitars I'll probably buy at least one more NAFTA-Caster Cabronita Tele, a pair of Johnny Marr Jaguars and another pair of Edwards 335's and I'll be done buying any more guitars.

I'm also considering a pair of Fender Princeton Reissues and a pair of Vox AC-15 handwired combos and maybe another pair of Mesa TA-30 heads and then I'm done buying anymore guitar amps unless I can get a good deal on a Hiwatt head and cab and a Marshall Silver Jubilee head. I might also pick up a couple of Mesa Lone Star 2x12 cabinets and a Mesa 4x10 Lone Star cab. That being said, none or only a couple of these amp purchases may happen if I start focusing more on studio hardware this year.

For pedals, there's not a lot on my list for 2013...maybe an Empress Comp, and Xotic SP comp and a few duplicates of the pedals that I use a lot so I can build other boards or have as backups.

If the paying bass gigs continue to come my way I may pick up an Ampeg SVT head and maybe another bass or two and maybe a Mesa Bi-Amped bass rig...but only if the paying gigs keep coming. Otherwise I'll probably put it off until 2014 and I may just get the SVT and skip the other stuff.

Of course the **************** cold hit the fan somehow and none of this could happen but if all goes well, this is what I'm looking at. After that, with the exception of studio gear, I'm pretty much done buying any more guitar and bass gear. At that point I might buy a nicer drum set, but the one I have is cutting it (and I'm not that great of a drummer...mostly the drummers in the bands I'm in use it at rehearsals) so it's not high on my priority list.
                  "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues" - Elizabeth Taylor

Originally Posted by Shane Marley

Yeah, I guess I hate women...

Originally Posted by thefyn

I SO STUPID!

Comment

Gear In:

BAT Pharaoh

Hardwire Supernatural

CMATMODS Deluxe Signa COmp

CMATMODS Ratified

Subdecay Liquid Sunshine

DANO CC TOD V1 X2

Zoom G3

Roland JC-77

Gear Out:

TC G-System Ltd.

Traynor YCS-90

MXR Phase 90

Korg Pitchblack +

Dano CC TOD V2

Dano CC Drive V2
                    Fender American Deluxe Strat HSS/ Fender American Standard Tele>PT PRO: PTD Mini-Bone> VFE Enterprise V.2> Xotic Sp Compressor> MojoHand Rook> Arc Klone V.2> MojoHand Colossus> CMATmods Ratified> Catalinbread DLS MKIII> Timmy> Turbo Tuner> EVH Flanger> Digitech EX-7> Line6 M5> Tech21 Blonde> Zoom G3>> MixerPT2: EVH Phase90> Analogman TS9 Silver> Proco WFRAT RI> Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe> Black Arts Black Forest> TC Nova Drive> Ibanez CS-9> Korg DT-10> Line 6 M5>> Digitech Timebender>> Hardwire RV-7>> Roland JC-160GOOD DEALS!!- mark_5106

Comment

To the OP, nice progression man. I would like to emulate how your incorporation of independent controllers. Sometimes I get concerned with preserving the toanz while playing my big board not to mention tap dancing. Your solution looks like a great cure.

Also, why did you have to introduce me to the Naga Viper?! Haha.
                      FS/FT:

Blackout Effectors Mantra - Black. $140 shipped to the lower 48.

Good dealings with: Conky, Barney Steele, Orbis Mortis, LWatford-2, Blakemore Effects, Aaron SS, Juri, High Gain, FoxMan, IRG, Orange Worker, Panther King, BHz_econo, 9520575, Hangwire, Doug Deeper, SH333, Dylanwilde, frenchji, rossta1, Computicus, ToonHollow

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by NITROHOLIC
                        View Post

bought

68 sunn 200s

72 ampeg v2

70s 1x15 loaded with an ev

74 sensurround folded horn (massive amounts of fun)

70s kustom 2x15

78 renaissance bass

62 gibson eb-0

couple pedlolz

This is what I wished my bassist was playing through So badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Poltergeist
                        View Post

That bass is so beautifull So want!
                        http://soundcloud.com/infinite_fluxNew crappy band, Infinite Flux

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Poltergeist
                          View Post

which one? one might someday make its way out of my hands the other one however. . . . cold and dead my friend. . .
                          sons of SUNN

pedlolboard
                          skullytone fx living dead drive > russian spi sanford and sonny bluebeard (((in triphonic))) Red*bear mk120 > 68 sunn 200s > ampeg v2 > your earpussies

good tranny shared with Severed Pumpkin MakuseruSukotto theAntihero X2 Dr. Doom Shamdog Bobby D Noise. . . Ancient X2

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by NITROHOLIC
                            View Post

which one? one might someday make its way out of my hands the other one however. . . . cold and dead my friend. . .

the last one i must own it.
                            "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

In:

Squier VM Mustang

Fender Mustang I

DD-7, Swollen Pickle, Mooer Elec Lady & Ensemble King, RV600, GT-3

Korg M1 & Polysix Legacy Edition (softsynths)

Out:

Telcaster Thinline, Bullet Strat

M9, French Toast, FX500, GT-3
                              Anti-shimmer

Comment

Working...
                              X