Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Plectrum Thread

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    I use the smaller jazz picks of these ^
    Good deals with: manfrommars, loosegroove, cavitation, sxyryan, enjoyadrian, decode6

    Comment


    • #62
      I have been using .73, then .80, then 1.0 mm Dunlop Nylon standard but, now, call me a brute but i just like the percussive sound of those 3 mm:



      http://keiki666.blogspot.be

      Comment


      • #63
        I have been using .73, then .80, then 1.0 mm Dunlop Nylon standard but, now, call me a brute but i just like the percussive sound of those 3 mm:



        http://keiki666.blogspot.be

        Comment


        • #64






          Quote Originally Posted by hrcnsfan
          View Post

          I've used the Jazz III picks for a couple years and switched to the carbon fibre ones several months ago and they're fantastic. They have a really nice grip texture that all but eliminates (for me) any slipping or twisting. If you already like the standard Jazz III's give em a try...you won't be disappointed.




          I'll definitely be trying them. The point seems more rounded on them than the regular red JazzIII's though. I might have to file them a bit to get them to my liking.
          Happy days so far with: Kayzer, Snufkino, matchpoint, SG1

          Comment


          • #65






            Quote Originally Posted by hrcnsfan
            View Post

            I've used the Jazz III picks for a couple years and switched to the carbon fibre ones several months ago and they're fantastic. They have a really nice grip texture that all but eliminates (for me) any slipping or twisting. If you already like the standard Jazz III's give em a try...you won't be disappointed.




            I'll definitely be trying them. The point seems more rounded on them than the regular red JazzIII's though. I might have to file them a bit to get them to my liking.
            Happy days so far with: Kayzer, Snufkino, matchpoint, SG1

            Comment


            • #66




              Haven't looked back since making the switch.
              Guitars:G&L Tribute ASAT Classic BluesboyFender 50th Anniversary Strat, Classic 50s Telecaster, and others.Pedals:Pitchblack>EP Booster>Classic 108 Fuzz> SD-1>OCD>Keeley Rat>Hoof>DLS MKiii>Small Stone>TR-2>Flashback>Spring TheoryAmp:Peavey Delta Blues

              Comment


              • #67




                Haven't looked back since making the switch.
                Guitars:G&L Tribute ASAT Classic BluesboyFender 50th Anniversary Strat, Classic 50s Telecaster, and others.Pedals:Pitchblack>EP Booster>Classic 108 Fuzz> SD-1>OCD>Keeley Rat>Hoof>DLS MKiii>Small Stone>TR-2>Flashback>Spring TheoryAmp:Peavey Delta Blues

                Comment


                • #68






                  Quote Originally Posted by inu
                  View Post







                  These are my favorite picks ever.
                  ain't got a sig no more

                  Comment


                  • #69






                    Quote Originally Posted by inu
                    View Post







                    These are my favorite picks ever.
                    ain't got a sig no more

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      For years I used 9's on an LP with these:







                      Now I'm using 12's on an LP with these:







                      I hear a lot of guys insisting on heavy picks for accuracy and attack, but I'm a huge convert to the idea of using a lighter pick with heavy strings. Way more dynamic, IMO, lot of nuance and an ability to "work" the string with the flex and give of the pick.
                      Cathedral Bells
                      Ten and Six

                      Guitar: '78 Electra Omega Les Paul
                      Effects: EHX HOG, Digitech Timebender,
                      EHX Stereo Clone Theory, Mooer Pitchbox,
                      Crybaby Classic, EQD Rainbow Machine,
                      Line 6 DL4, T1M Mini-Stutta, Ernie Ball VP Jr.
                      Amp: Fender Tweed Blues Jr. NOS

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        For years I used 9's on an LP with these:







                        Now I'm using 12's on an LP with these:







                        I hear a lot of guys insisting on heavy picks for accuracy and attack, but I'm a huge convert to the idea of using a lighter pick with heavy strings. Way more dynamic, IMO, lot of nuance and an ability to "work" the string with the flex and give of the pick.
                        Cathedral Bells
                        Ten and Six

                        Guitar: '78 Electra Omega Les Paul
                        Effects: EHX HOG, Digitech Timebender,
                        EHX Stereo Clone Theory, Mooer Pitchbox,
                        Crybaby Classic, EQD Rainbow Machine,
                        Line 6 DL4, T1M Mini-Stutta, Ernie Ball VP Jr.
                        Amp: Fender Tweed Blues Jr. NOS

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          .73 or 1.0 ultex



                          i kinda like the red jazz xls too



                          sorta wanna try that moon rock or whatever it is pick
                          PDY: The new forum where pages don't take forever to load.

                          "With print you substitute an ear for an extra useless eye." MES







                          Originally Posted by zero=infinity


                          I have been forced to register after years of lurking. This is truly epic.

                          I'm from Waukesha, currently living in Milwaukee. Where does this **** live??

                          I want this to make national news.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            .73 or 1.0 ultex



                            i kinda like the red jazz xls too



                            sorta wanna try that moon rock or whatever it is pick
                            PDY: The new forum where pages don't take forever to load.

                            "With print you substitute an ear for an extra useless eye." MES







                            Originally Posted by zero=infinity


                            I have been forced to register after years of lurking. This is truly epic.

                            I'm from Waukesha, currently living in Milwaukee. Where does this **** live??

                            I want this to make national news.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Dunlop nylon 1mm
                              Winner of nothing, BOTB Raffle 2011

                              @Jenesis

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Dunlop nylon 1mm
                                Winner of nothing, BOTB Raffle 2011

                                @Jenesis

                                Comment













                                Working...
                                X