The Official Plectrum Thread

echodeluxe

• Members

I mainly use .50 Tortex reds. Sometimes I go with the .60's

I don't know, thick picks just feel weird to me. People give me {censored} for using .50's and say I might as well just use a piece of paper, but I feel like I can dig in and be more more dynamic with my playing as opposed to using heavy picks idn_smilie.gif

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewzo

View Post

I don't know, thick picks just feel weird to me. People give me {censored} for using .50's and say I might as well just use a piece of paper, but I feel like I can dig in and be more more dynamic with my playing as opposed to using heavy picks idn_smilie.gif

I think there is some truth to this, but I couldn't use something that thin on an electric - too slow in response for me.

Previous to using the Hercos, I was a major V-Pick user. I loved the fact that they allowed me to loosen my grip on the pick and still get a lot of volume - the problem was the clicky attack and the chirping when I struck the string at particular angles. And yeah - if you're playing through effects or an amp that has a really dynamic input sensitivity it's a lot harder to control those dynamics with a super heavy pick. So I tried the Herco Flex 75 and there it was - all of the dynamic content I was missing using the thick V-Picks was there. The Hercos are thick enough at the grip surface that I can relax my hand, rigid enough to pick fast and not have it feel like it's lagging at all, and soft enough to be able to back off for more delicate stuff.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewzo

View Post

I think there is some truth to this, but I couldn't use something that thin on an electric - too slow in response for me.

Previous to using the Hercos, I was a major V-Pick user. I loved the fact that they allowed me to loosen my grip on the pick and still get a lot of volume - the problem was the clicky attack and the chirping when I struck the string at particular angles. And yeah - if you're playing through effects or an amp that has a really dynamic input sensitivity it's a lot harder to control those dynamics with a super heavy pick. So I tried the Herco Flex 75 and there it was - all of the dynamic content I was missing using the thick V-Picks was there. The Hercos are thick enough at the grip surface that I can relax my hand, rigid enough to pick fast and not have it feel like it's lagging at all, and soft enough to be able to back off for more delicate stuff.

Archived