The Official Plectrum Thread

echodeluxe

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by anjin-san

View Post

Yeah, these, or the gold 50s, depending. Got one of Neil Young's from Larry Cragg at a show 10 years ago and been using them ever since.

I like the gold 50s for acoustic.

Had no idea Neil used Hercos. Even better reason! lol

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by ben_allison

View Post

Using picks for bass = {censored}

Sorry, but that's absurd. As a session player I get called on to use both fingers and a pick. If I don't give the client the sound they want I don't get paid. I don't care how thick your callouses are, you're not going to get the same sound playing with your fingers that you do with a pick. redface.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ben_allison

View Post

Using picks for bass = {censored}

Sorry, but that's absurd. As a session player I get called on to use both fingers and a pick. If I don't give the client the sound they want I don't get paid. I don't care how thick your callouses are, you're not going to get the same sound playing with your fingers that you do with a pick. redface.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by One Man Banned

View Post

Word.

Archived