No announcement yet.

new fuzz

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new fuzz

so i am searching for a new fuzz. just trying to get some new flavors for riffage. i have a soul bender big box that i love but i sort of want another type. i was thinking of the 70 big box so that i could get that snarly spitty fuzz sound like on qotsa's sick sick sick. i also sorta wanted either the blackout effectors crystal dagger bc its got all the other goodies and a sweet fuzz (way different sound obviously) or a blunderbuss fuzz bc i could potentially dial in some neat sounds. but for the money, i definitely want a good live fuzz that still sounds different enough to be worth it to keep on my pedalboard next to my bread and butter soul bender. amps always cranked live and i hear (from experience and reviews) that fulltones are great in this department.

basically then, is the fulltone 70 a good investment? or would say a blackout effectors be better for the variety?

i have a bad cat kool cat 40, i use phat cat "p90s," and were a very riffy band thats sort of all over the place if anyone has suggestions. thanks!

fapadelic

I have never met a fuzz that I did not like. Pick one. And then another. And another. And so forth.

Comment

• thom
      thom commented
      Editing a comment

^  +1

word. i like the idea of never having too much fuzz! budgets, however, dont agree. screw rent! im going to check out that red witch. i like em

fapadelic

Comment

• ispunk
      ispunk commented
      Editing a comment
      Just got a Fulltone Soul-Bender big box and a Mr Wire Fox Calculator (Wolf Computer clone) in the last 2 weeks

• sparkfriction
      sparkfriction commented
      Editing a comment

the Fuzz God II was my first "non muff style" fuzz and it is after many years till on my board. it is a fun pedal...

great simple/vintage fuzz face toans beside great computer lo-fi 8bit feedback stuff like muse + much more.

great on choards and also for some solo wanking.

Something with an octave. Or not.
    Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

• Phil O'Keefe
      Phil O'Keefe commented
      Editing a comment

For me, a Fuzz Face type circuit, plus a Tone Bender, and a Big Muff of some sort would be the Big Three insofar as fuzz pedals go.

If you're looking for versatility, something like the Fuzz Factory would make a lot of sense. Another one I really think is quite versatile is the Lovetone Big Cheese - but they go for Big Bucks. The OLC Chunky Cheese is a very good clone / alternative to the hard to find / discontinued originals.

• Phil O'Keefe
      Phil O'Keefe commented
      Editing a comment

echodeluxe wrote:
      Something with an octave. Or not.

For that, the two big ones would probably be the Super Fuzz and the Tycobrahe Octavia.

I heard that Wattson makes a pretty darned good Super Fuzz inspired pedal in the form of their FY-6.

Do people really care about kudos?
    Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

• V
      V commented
      Editing a comment

echodeluxe wrote:
      Do people really care about kudos?

I like to throw them at trick or treaters.

a univox type clone sounds pretty sweet. ima check out that watson.

have a russian muff (newer one) and its super usuable, just kinda boring because its so much of a "dial in that one good sound" type pedal. although i think a fulltone would be the upgraded version of that. and im ok with that. the trifecta seems super duper. also thought maybe ill just go for the perseus suboctave. i had an octave up once. sucked. dont know if im ready for another yet....

but ill just start wasting my life away on more fuzz.....here we go!

fapadelic

Comment

this is crazy. i've been looking for one for months and then like five pop up randomly. decisions decisions

soundcloud.com/nonlocality
    nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

Working...
    X