GLOVE OD VS. EAST RIVER OD

kolapsar

kolapsar wrote:

Tell me more about these pedals how they can complement each other and what the difference is.

asdfsadfdsafadfasfd

One of each, along with a E-H Hot Tubes just arrived here yesterday. I have not had a chance to break them out and give 'em a whirl yet, but I will soon. My understanding is that the East River Drive is based on the classic TS-type overdrive. I believe the OD Glove is a heavier distortion; similar to a EL34 equipped Plexi, but I'm not sure what pedal (if anything) it's based on. The Hot Tubes is a reissue of an original EHX pedal that has long been discontinued.

• Members

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

kolapsar wrote:

Tell me more about these pedals how they can complement each other and what the difference is.

asdfsadfdsafadfasfd

The Hot Tubes is a reissue of an original EHX pedal that has long been discontinued.

so sad. i dug that baby a lot and was saving up when i was younger

• Members

Phil O'Keefe wrote:

kolapsar wrote:

asdfsadfdsafadfasfd

One of each, along with a E-H Hot Tubes just arrived here yesterday. I have not had a chance to break them out and give 'em a whirl yet, but I will soon. My understanding is that the East River Drive is based on the classic TS-type overdrive. I believe the OD Glove is a heavier distortion; similar to a EL34 equipped Plexi, but I'm not sure what pedal (if anything) it's based on. The Hot Tubes is a reissue of an original EHX pedal that has long been discontinued.

I just recorded a buddy's band and he had one of the new Hot Tubes on his board. He used it to boost a Laney 50 watt head and it sounded great. I wouldn't mind picking one of those up.

Archived