Official BOTB 2013 Thread - now with logo

macadood

• Members

botb

Email pics of boards to botb2013@hotmail.com

We are starting a little later this year than usual. Deadline for entry is 1 week from yesterday, all entries need to be received before Monday December 9 by 9 AM Eastern Time. Then we'll have the week to vote, and I'll do the prize draw near the end there. Vote by kudos in each category thread, only one vote per category - if you vote twice or more all your votes will be discounted. I suppose after the results are in we can combine the winners of each category for an overall winning board, the winner of which will be guaranteed a separate prize :D

Put in your HCFX username somewhere in the title or text, along with which category you want to enter.

1) Best Small Board - 1-6 pedals (tuners count as pedals)

- mmolterax

- Califa

- DigiTechRep

- m\_Calavera

- Frankenstrat86

- udi9

- t\_e\_l\_e

- Eburst

- Baxandall

- riff ie

- dkonesky

- Trainbridge

- goodhonk

- eerock

- and3h

2) Best Medium Bored - 7-15 pedals

- renula

- Lou Speed's Alt

- Sonicmayhem42

- V

- Saladman Pewtershmidt

- Trick Fall

- blanketblanket

- gae86

- Bieke

- Josh33

- Brent\_MPLS

- hangwire

- killthehippies45

- turnstylepoet

- Blueboxer

- King Rat

- IRG

3) Best Large Board - 16+ pedals

- silverburstlp

- npfrs

- bmoncbus

- Pedaltones

- coloring pad

- macadood

4) Best Pedalboard Photo - you can enter this category in addition to an entry in one of the other 4.

- Invisidood

- t\_e\_l\_e

- renula

- Brent\_MPLS

- hangwire

- macadood

- king rat

5) Best Bass Board - ** New category added **

- DavidBlane

- Shadoof

- martha\_KH

*Prizes*

- 2013 DOD 250 Overdrive Preamp, generously contributed to the prize pool by DigiTechRep and DigiTech

- 2013 DOD 201 Phasor, generously contributed to the prize pool by DigiTechRep and DigiTech

- DigiTech JamMan Express, generously contributed to the prize pool by DigiTechRep and DigiTech

- 1 HCFX's own Octophant in white, built by Aaron SS. Huge thanks to Martha\_KH

- many thanks to Pro Guitar Shop who have very generously agreed to throw in a Pigtronix PolySaturator Creamsicle distortion pedal to the prize pool!

- 1 undisclosed pedal from macadood + 1 pedal for overall board contest winner

- 1 rehoused EHX Qtron from forumite WWW

- 1 pedal of your choice from Shoe pedals big thanks to V

- 1 pedaltrain Mini from goodhonk if winner is willing to pay shipping

If anyone else would like to contribute something to the prize pool please PM me with details.

Let me know if there is enough interest for a 5th category of some sort, whether vintage board, rig, whatever else...we can throw it in there too. You may only enter once in one category, in addition to Best Pedalboard Photo.

We'll draw prizes randomly based on participation alone, not being the winner of a category. I'll contribute a prize to the pool, a few others have stepped up and very generously agreed to donate a prize as well. If anyone else wants to throw something into the pool that would be way cool. Perfect opportunity for some of you that are downsizing to get rid of a pedal you don't want :smileywink: Metal muffs and mooers for extra hcfx-cred.

Phil hope dis cool and I sincerely hope to see one of your boards in the competition!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

RoboPimp wrote:

unneeded catagory:

best gigging board

Giggity

I played a gig tonight for thousands of imaginary fans. It was ...:smiley-cool05:

FWIW, I like you Robo. You're a necessary and welcome member in the HCFX community as far as I'm concerned. Keeps it edgy.

Back on topic

• Members

juts submit your board dudeness! my board is also maximum psychedelic and one is a homemade board. we don't have enough people on hcfx to run a full botb so it's going to have to be a bit scaled down to keep the competition up. if we get an influx of submissions then maybe I can split some out or something or make new categories if everyone agrees.

• Members

Going to the hardware store for more Velcro in a few. This is a good thing though. My board has been in disarray and flux for months now. Luckily I mostly do recording so that's not such a terrible thing

Archived