Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Delay pedals, let's talk about them. What's your favorite?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay pedals, let's talk about them. What's your favorite?

The Skrecho is my favorite.  It's outlasted everything else.  It has a great range of tones, the limiter which allows me to oscillate without the runoff volume spikes and the loop.  

So what is your favorite?  I'm sure there will be lots of DMM, DM-2, EP-3, etc.  Tell me about your favorite... 

My AD9. Simple, and sounds great. I'm getting kind of tired of pedals that have a lot of knobs.

Comment

Catalinbread Echorec, best modulation to my ears

Comment

• martha_KH
        martha_KH commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the de-7. I could leave it on all the time. Cheap and sounds great.

I'm sure I'll get some crap for this, but I went through a few analog delays and none of them had ALL of the features that I wanted. So I saved up and bought a Memory Lane 2. It simply sounds beautiful and has all of the features I'll ever need. It's extremely easy to get a great sound out of it.

I know some folks frown at people recommending what they have on their board every time. I don't get that. Why wouldn't you? I've been through so much different gear over the years. The ones I would recommend are the ones I've kept around.

Good deals with: Primo, Hecticone, Bluehuricane (X2), TomCray, Used666, Dettlebach, Tolling_Bells, Cleverbastid, machine gunner, shooto, 2deaconblues, Easyliver, Maxisnotdead, brokenarrow5, Drasp, Viper Jazz, the.bjorndahl, dkhp124

Comment

analog - DOD FX-90

digital - DD-20 (great tape mode, reverse etc), although i'm still exploring the Flashback X4 so am creating my own delays now.

tape - El Capistan
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheColdNorthWind#g/u" target="_blank">Youtube Pedal Vids</a><br />
        <b><font color="Black"><font size="2">For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)</font></font></b><br />
        <font color="indigo"><font size="1">ToneFactor Nebular - £40<br />
        Line 6 RotoMachine - £46<br />
        </font></font><font size="1"><font color="YellowGreen">Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat</font></font></div>

Comment

• Shine-ei
          Shine-ei commented
          Editing a comment

I got a diamond memory lane 2 on the cheap and I love it. 

I also like my old ibanez ad99, that thing sounds real nice and was cheap as well

I've surprisingly been really happy with my MXR Carbon Copy. It is simple and sounds great. For different delay tones I've got the TC Electronic Flashback which sounds good but my go-to is the Carbon Copy.

I don't really use too much delay anyway.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">Guitars:<br><br>G&amp;L Tribute ASAT Classic Bluesboy<br><br>Fender 50th Anniversary Strat, Classic 50s Telecaster, and others.<br><br><br><br>Pedals:<br><br>Pitchblack&g t;EP Booster&gt;Classic 108 Fuzz&gt; SD-1&gt;OCD&gt;Keeley Rat&gt;Hoof&gt;DLS MKiii&gt;Small Stone&gt;TR-2&gt;Flashback&gt;Spring Theory<br><br><br><br>Amp:<br><br>Peavey Delta Blues<br><br></font></div>

Comment

• Stubacca
          Stubacca commented
          Editing a comment

Nothing will ever touch my DMM that I had mod'd by Howard Davis. It has some crazy mojo that can't be explained... it just makes EVERYTHING sound better!

• thecakeguru
          thecakeguru commented
          Editing a comment

I love my carbon copy.. Got one used for about $80 and use it ever p&w set I play... Im also pretty happy with my digitech timebender... I think that one is a sleeper that most people skip over.. It does so much

I don't really have a favorite as I've liked them all--M9, DelayLab, VD-400, Repeater, DD-7, MS-70CDR. 

I've never owned or used any of the "classic" analog delays such as a DMM, DM-2, etc.

Anti-shimmer

Comment

• renula
          renula commented
          Editing a comment

plaidbeer wrote:

I don't really have a favorite as I've liked them all--M9, DelayLab, VD-400, Repeater, DD-7, MS-70CDR. 

I've never owned or used any of the "classic" analog delays such as a DMM, DM-2, etc.

Plaidbro, tell me more about the zoom. I hear purists complain about degrading toan, etc. How's it working for you?

Humble apologies James. Soon very soon.

Anyway, deluxe pitch pirate and echolution for me. The dpp for the last three years? Two maybe?
        Echolution didn't get much love, i sold it to see the greener grass. The grass was brown an dead, echolution is king. I could just sell the dpp. But i don't. Echolution just does it for mr, reverse sounds like i want it, the modulation is beautiful. The multi taps are great, kinda like the echorec (sort of).
        I don't use tap cause, why would i? great on bass, the dpp is not. I don't know why it is not loved, but doesn't matter great delay.
        Originally Posted by Naterel "All bands suck period"

Comment

*me not mr.

Comment

Zoom MS-70CDR followed by the Digitech TimeBender.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><b><br><br></b><div align="center"><font color="#0073bc"><font color="#000000"><a href="http://www.reverbnation.com/willchentrio" target="_blank">Will Chen Trio</a> | <a href="http://FrugalGuitarist.com" target="_blank">FrugalGuitarist.com</a> | <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/FrugalGuitaristcom/52247336654" target="_blank">FG on Facebook</a> | <a href="http://forum.frugalguitarist.com/" target="_blank">Forum</a><br><br></font></font></div></div>

Comment

• harryorgans
              harryorgans commented
              Editing a comment

I've had a lot of delays, but the DMM is the king of them all. I still have a DD-5 that I can pull out if I need a tap tempo delay, the DD-5's dotted 8th mode is still killer after all these years.

• turnip
              turnip commented
              Editing a comment

Prehistoricpain wrote:

I've had my byoc (older style) and dd20 on my board exclusively for quite a long time, haven't found anything else within my price range that can beat them. 

Is it their digital or analog delay?

Been thinking about one day picking up the analog jobby... Already (since my first post in this thread) picked up another DD-20!

• Prehistoricpain
              Prehistoricpain commented
              Editing a comment

The one I have is the digital, based on the PT2399. I messed with the filter until It was sufficiently noisy/dark. 

I haven't tried a lot of delay pedals, but I really like my Hardwire DL-8. I mainly just stick to the modulated setting for leads, but I've been messing around with the lo-fi and tape settings and liking them. The reverse setting is great, too. I WILL find an excuse to use it in a song one of these days.
            Bullwhips, blowguns, ropedarts, guitar, and chinchillas:<br><br>http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeC7RW5RQxvVdM89dVNuEeQ/videos

Comment

• martha_KH
              martha_KH commented
              Editing a comment

primal1 wrote:
              I haven't tried a lot of delay pedals, but I really like my Hardwire DL-8. I mainly just stick to the modulated setting for leads, but I've been messing around with the lo-fi and tape settings and liking them. The reverse setting is great, too. I WILL find an excuse to use it in a song one of these days.

I really liked the lofi setting on the DL-8 when I had it.

Love the space echo and bella epoch. Both have been on my board since I got them.

Noteworthy mention to the endangered audio ad4096. Sounded amazing and probably my favorite looking effect of all time. Sold it because well hell I don't remember why I sold it....
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><a target="_blank" href="http://facebook.com/TheSpiritAnimals">facebook.com/TheSpiritAnimals</a><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://thespiritanimals.bandcamp.com/">http://thespiritanimals.bandcamp.com/</a><br><br><br><br><b>GOOD DEALS:</b> Iamtehcure, succor, juri, conky</div>

Comment

You can control any pot on the dd7 with an expression pedal. Which if you set the minium delay time really really low, you can make a very nice manually controlled chorus. I also enjoy controlling the echo level or the feedback amount. It nice to have those options. The dd20 as far as i know does not let you pick and choose the expression pedal parameters and max levels of the parameters.

Comment

Malekko Ekko 616 in all three flavors: Standard, Dark, and Lo-Fi. They all have their own unique sounds and purposes to me.

Comment

Endangered Audio Research AD4096 Analog Derrrlay

<font color="purple">/// Flounder of Blackout Effectors. Also, barracuda. Muy caliente. \\\<br><br>ununun ... nestegg.bandcamp.com</font>

Comment

• Jumi
                  Jumi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I had so much delay pedals ! Empress, Eventide, Strymon, Boss dm2, dd3, DMM Big Box and 1100tt (that one sounds so cold), Zoom, Ibanez, all the Malekko echo 300 and 600... My favorite so far is the Maxon AD900 ! It's almost a reverb, and its bypass does something sweet to the sound.

Working...
              X